Rock Band 2 corrupt save file?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by davidsl_128, Dec 29, 2009.

Dec 29, 2009
  1. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    Yeah, I recently got a "Save file is corrupt, data couldn't be written on selected device. Autosave will be disabled" or something like that message in Rock Band 2. Luckily I followed the steps here so I didn't loose any progress, but I wonder... why does this happen? It would make sense if only people using RawkSD or some other mod got this message, but it seems anyone can get it.

By the way, the problem seems to be related to DLC... I got this message after playing a Green Day DLC song, if it matters.

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    It happens when you turn off the Wii during one of the many "Saving..." messages, and can happen to anyone, even legit users. To avoid it, get into a good habit of waiting for Saving screens to finish, and exit to the main RB2 menu before turning off the Wii.

3. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    Actually, I don't think that's it... if it was, I'd get the corrupt screen AFTER I boot up Rock Band, but I got it WHILE playing, when the game tried to save a score for a song I just played. Besides, once I did hit the power button while saving cuz I was in a hurry XD, but the game continued saving and it turned off after it was done! And the error came up on me a LONG time after this power off thing happened, so I doubt that is the problem...