mdsteele47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks,
I'm working to restore some long-lost Rock Band 2 and 3 DLC to my softmodded Wii for our kids to play. I have successfully loaded custom songs (using the sZG method) and have them coexisting along some official DLC across several folders brought over from a prior SD card. I've installed Ticket WADs for all appropriate folders and the current set of customs with prior DLC are working beautifully. I'm using regular NAND, not emuNAND
Here's the challenge. When I'm installing the new WADs, they seem to install just fine (currently using GuitarHero OneUp installer, but have also tried using WAD manager). Starting up Rock Band 3 via USB LoaderGX, the system notes it needs to bring over files from the Wii system memory to the SD card. That process goes fine. When the progress bar comes up indicating it's installing the new content, the Wii freezes and locks up.
Looking at the aftermath on the SD card, the new songs are being installed in their proper folders (e.g., sZB), but as 001.bin and 002.bin, which I don't think is correct. Deleting those files out of those folders allows me to successfully boot the game again so they're clearly causing the hang, but I'd love to get some insight as to what may be going wrong here. Given that all my other official DLC have specific numbers, I would have expected the new DLC to pick up that indexing somewhere (from the title files perhaps?) and situate properly. Thanks in advance for thoughts...

Reactions: SaulFabre

momaw27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I too am having this issue and have come to the same conclusion.

I have attempted to delete some rogue ticket files that I think are causing the issue, but I can't delete them using FTP... any ideas?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi folks,
I'm working to restore some long-lost Rock Band 2 and 3 DLC to my softmodded Wii for our kids to play. I have successfully loaded custom songs (using the sZG method) and have them coexisting along some official DLC across several folders brought over from a prior SD card. I've installed Ticket WADs for all appropriate folders and the current set of customs with prior DLC are working beautifully. I'm using regular NAND, not emuNAND
Here's the challenge. When I'm installing the new WADs, they seem to install just fine (currently using GuitarHero OneUp installer, but have also tried using WAD manager). Starting up Rock Band 3 via USB LoaderGX, the system notes it needs to bring over files from the Wii system memory to the SD card. That process goes fine. When the progress bar comes up indicating it's installing the new content, the Wii freezes and locks up.
Looking at the aftermath on the SD card, the new songs are being installed in their proper folders (e.g., sZB), but as 001.bin and 002.bin, which I don't think is correct. Deleting those files out of those folders allows me to successfully boot the game again so they're clearly causing the hang, but I'd love to get some insight as to what may be going wrong here. Given that all my other official DLC have specific numbers, I would have expected the new DLC to pick up that indexing somewhere (from the title files perhaps?) and situate properly. Thanks in advance for thoughts...
Yes, I too am having this issue and have come to the same conclusion.

I have attempted to delete some rogue ticket files that I think are causing the issue, but I can't delete them using FTP... any ideas?

Try following this tutorial instead for Rock Band / Just Dance / Guitar Hero DLCs on Wii: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A9ycUtEHjfriP8XL2wEV4amATpRjFccdiDeZK3tZiaw/view

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :blush::shy::wink::evil: