Robo Recall - Epic's first full VR Game Coming 2017 for Free

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by chavosaur, Oct 6, 2016.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC

Announced today at Oculus Connect 3, Robo Recall is the spiritual successor to the Bullet Train demo Epic released at last year’s Oculus showcase. The developer’s first full-featured virtual reality game sees players using a variety of weapons to dismantle an army of robots that have obviously gone off-script.

The game looks incredibly wacky and over the top and I can't wait to get my hands on it for personal use with my Oculus!

This is the first of many new exclusives coming to the Oculus platform, and we will update the front page with any other information we get.

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    That almost looked like an Apple advert :lol:

3. specht

specht GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2008
    Canada
    This looks pretty fun. It's yet another wave shooter but the humor might be enough to set it apart from the others. Hopefully it'll work with ReVive.

chavosaur likes this.
  4. dmace81

dmace81 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2008
    United States
    So your floating hands fighting robots? :P

5. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    What is the go with floating hands? Why can't arms be extended on to the hands???

6. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    What is the go with floating hands? Why can't arms be extended on to the hands???

7. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    Because showing no arms at all is way less awkward and than having arms that do not show corresponding to your real arms (which won't be tracked).

Btt: This really looks quite fun. It has teleportation, so I guess (or rather hope) it's not only about small areas and big waves of robots and involves other sections as well. Would be cool to have a good mix of fighting, exploration and puzzle solving. Judging from the available information this seems not to be the case here. Well, I'll still enjoy throwing a single bullet into another robot. :D

Arras and chavosaur like this.
  8. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Some games do use inverse kinematics to guesstimate the positions of your arms as a whole, but the only things being tracked are your hands and your head, so a lot of devs just take the easy route and display only your hands in VR.

As for this game: weak af that Oculus just keeps releasing exclusives, but ReVive is working so well at this point I guess it doesn't matter that much. I just don't see the point when Oculus knows we can play their games on the Vive anyway.

Last edited by Xzi, Oct 10, 2016
  9. Gow supremo

Gow supremo I am playing my 2ds

Jan 24, 2016
    In the earth
    It looks good.