• Cryptocurrency Warning:
    The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative and it is important that you understand the risks before you start trading. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.
    Please be aware that any information provided here can be the opinion of the author. Trade at your own risk.

Roblox public stock offering postponed

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roblox has decided to postpone their initial stock offering after disagreements with the SEC over profit reporting from the sale of the digital currency robux. The disagreement stems from differing opinions over the valuation of durable versus consumable goods in game.

Roblox's initial offering will now be pushed back to coincide with offerings of other highly anticipated stocks early this year. Roblox's total worth has rocketed over the past fiscal year from around 4 billion USD to almost 30 billion USD to become one of the most highly valued video game developers for children.

All of this comes at a time when trading in Gamestop's stock (GME) has disrupted financial markets around the globe, and governments have begun to place increased scrutiny on retail investors.

What do you guys think? Will you invest in Roblox when it eventually makes a public offering? I am planning to buy a share or two personally. Share your thoughts below.

https://www.reuters.com/article/BigStory12/idUSKBN29Y0AD

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are apps that make it simple like Fidelity, Webull and Robinhood

Additionally you can buy through your chase account

It's been streamlined a lot recently! You should check it out - it's not as intimidating as you might think

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have never actually gone and properly investigated Roblox.
See it occasionally crop up in discussions as a competitor to minecraft, albeit with a far greater programming bent, and how some kids are making considerable sums from it (somewhat akin to the flash game boom). What little I have seen of it... no desire to play it myself.

As far as stocks. I follow such things but I don't buy or sell anything as a general rule. Tech IPOs are also particularly tricky these days (see also Facebook's).

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now roblox is getting into this stuff? dang

i kinda always knew they were in the stock market but i never would have thought there would be an disagreement about buying stocks because of robux

these are crazy times my friends

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
now roblox is getting into this stuff? dang

i kinda always knew they were in the stock market but i never would have thought there would be an disagreement about buying stocks because of robux

these are crazy times my friends
An IPO is one of the big three goals for most tech firms (the other being a straight buyout before then, or getting fat enough to be the one doing the buying out but I don't think anybody expects them to be the next microsoft, google, facebook or the like).

As far as alternative securities and takes thereof. Seems fairly normal for things to bother the various regulatory bodies with; see also said regulatory bodies vs all the various cryptocurrencies.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.