Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson's The Towers of Midnight

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering if anyone has read this book or any in his series? How is/was it? Did you like it? Did Mat rescue Moiraine? Jeez so many questions.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
What? Towers of Midnight is finally out... I can't believe it. Finally. *orders it*
yay.gif

I've read all of the Wheel of Time books. They are some of the best books in the fantasy genre.

lordrand11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i completely concur. lol im sad there's only one post-er on here. the book is awesome so far im on chapter 44 right now and almost through with it.

lordrand11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, After spending the last two days reading this book, I'd have to say that i was thoroughly impressed with the way sanderson fleshed out the characters. to all who are robert jordan fans. check this book out its freaking awesome. to all who have never even heard of the man. Enjoy the series if you ever do pick it up. Very marvelous and Very imaginative.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm still reading through towers of midnight, although I've been very busy lately. Great series. I'd also recommend the Sword of Truth to whoever likes these books, they're very similar.

lordrand11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love them as well I've read the Sword of Truth series also. I freaking love Terry Brooks and the Shannara series and Raymond E Feist's novels as well. I do like George R R Martin's peculiar style with always killing off his main character.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I stopped reading after Winters Heart (even tho I bought the hardback edition of Crosswords Of Twlight). I've been thinking about re-reading through them all (been nearly 11 years since I got into the series) since its finally been "completed". I really love the writing style, the rich world with the immaculate detail, and all the great dialogue and character development, but WoT really is the DBZ of fantasy series, so must filler it just stretches on and on.

lukie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Waiting for the last book too.
Started reading the series a few years back and finally caught up just a few weeks ago!
I'm glad I spent the time and Sanderson did a pretty good job carrying on though he changes the way some of them talks, the tone, choice of words. But nonetheless, it's a good read!

lordrand11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait for final book. I actually met Robert Jordan outside of his hometown back in 2002. Didn't realize it was him. The man said his name was James Rigney and I was holding one of his books in hand. He asked me if I liked the novel I was reading and i sat down and had a thorough discussion with the man. It wasn't until after we left that i realized i had been talking to the author. How sucky is that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended