Hacking RMVB to DPG using BatchDPG

geokilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to convert RMVB file to DPG using BatchDPG. However, BatchDPG can't seem to find the file. I have AviSynth 2.5 installed, CCCP, and Real Alternative installed as well. I tried reinstalling Real Alternative and it still can't find the RMVB files in BatchDPG. How can I get this to work?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When you open the file dialogue and can browse to search for the file. Down in the file box type
*.*
and click on open. This will allow for all files to be listed.

geokilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Killermech said:
When you open the file dialogue and can browse to search for the file. Down in the file box type
*.*
and click on open. This will allow for all files to be listed.

When I'm browsing for the file to open, I can't choose anything in the "Files of Type" besides Media Files. I don't have a All files or anything of that sort, just Media Files.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you can use Avisynth with commandlines.
here is an exemple I used to make a DVD and it was working fine.
Note the rmvb is not compressed with quality but with framerate, so you need to include convertfps and specify the fps manually, or else your video will be shorter than the original rmvb length.

the fps is 29.97 in my example, but I think you may use a 23.976 or anything else to match your video.

Code:
#ASYNTHER DirectShowSource
DirectShowSource("L:\sassy\divx6Track1.rmvb", fps=29.97, convertfps=true, audio=false)

you can use audio=true if it's working, if not, add an audio stream
extract it from the rmvb and add it with something like that (if it's in AC3)

Code:
#ASYNTHER DirectShowSource
DirectShowSource("L:\sassy\divx6Track1.rmvb", fps=29.97, convertfps=true, audio=false)
AC3source("yourfile.wav")

if it's a problem of file type, maybe you can use Virtualdubmod in addition to avysinth (but it may be laggy as result).
If I remember well, Vdub let you frameserv file in .avi instead of avisynth .avs

geokilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rapp said:
You can just type *. where the name of the file goes it does the same
Oh so *. is the file name. I thought it was something else lol. Anyways, I'm testing out the RMVB to DPG converting right now. However, I noticed that it's taking an awful long time. AVI to DPG was way faster.

Since I have a multicore CPU, how do I let BatchDPG use both cores and not just one? I skimmed through the sticky thread and I think it said something about multicore not working correctly?

Rapp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to know that too(how to use 2x cores or perhaps 4x cores like the new computers have) since im (actually right now) encoding video and my CPU gets veeery hot so i opened my PC and have a fan to cool it even more than the 2 fans in the PC does xD

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using the Multicores feature won't work as it is broken. There is another bypass that allows it, but I wouldn't recommend it as it will use more CPU power and increase the speed with like 5%.

Here's my recommendation for profiles

Medium: Anime, movies with not much 'motion' in them.

High: Movies with very high motion scenes, action movies etc

Ultra: Overkill.. i've tried high and ultra to compare them. The difference? Ultra took like an extra hour to convert. Not to mention that Ultra has around a 70% chance
to cause permanent audio desynchs (when fast forwarding) and only way to fix it is to restart the movie file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: