Riviera won't start with my supercard

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Torte, Jul 27, 2006.

Jul 27, 2006
  1. Torte
    OP

Member Torte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Any way to get around this? I get blank screens frozen when I try to load it up. Patched using the latest software without compression and still doesn't work.

2. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    Supercard is exactly the best GBA flashcard... and from what i knows its FAR from that.
    I assume that game doesnt work with it since you say that :S

3. Rayout

Member Rayout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Be patient. At first I thought it was broken too, but Rivera loaded after I let it sit on the white screen for 25 or so seconds. My supercard did this with a few other games (sometimes it was a black screen), but as long as the Game Boy Advance logo wasn't scrambled the game would run.

Also, after it booted up slow the first time, I never had the white screen issue the next time i ran the game.

I haven't had any problems or slowdown with the gba games I have played. ( just dont use compression).'

Edit: Riveria does work for the supercard (as do almost all gba games) dunno what above poster is talking about.

4. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    I'm talking about what lots of users here say, i dont have a SC but from whoever has, they say GBA Support is very low compared to M3 for example.
    Check the posts about GBA Support for SC.

5. Torte
    OP

Member Torte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Yeah, still doesn't work... either freezes with blank screen or freezes with the gameboy logo shown

6. Rev Jim

Newcomer Rev Jim Advanced Member

Guyana
    Could never get it to run on my supercard either, tried various means and backups to no avail. My girlfriend found a copy for me in NJ though for $20 - whatta woman!

7. Rayout

Member Rayout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Loads fine for me, supercard sd,

using 1.63 firmware and corresponding patcher, saver patch and realtime save enabled...

When you load it the first time, just let it sit on the white screen for a minute or two....it loaded after that and I never had any need to wait after that.