Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My friend recently bought an R4 and im positive it's a fake. What are the risks of using them? Could they like do what the N5 does and blow the fuse on the DS? I want to know this so I could warn my friend about it >__<

Thanks! : )

D

Deleted-119707

the fake r4 has a chip behind the sticker. peel back the r4 sticker and if there is no chip, its real, if u see a chip its a fake.

dediz_seixas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nicky041192 said:
the fake r4 has a chip behind the sticker. peel back the r4 sticker and if there is no chip, its real, if u see a chip its a fake.

Is it true? I have recently bought a R4, but it came without a box (like the one showed on website) and without a CD. Whatherer, I have tested the original firmware and I can play all the games very well (includind Castlevania ones).

But I still have some concerns... I have done this test, and there is no chip behind the R4 sticker.

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
dediz_seixas said:
nicky041192 said:

Is it true? I have recently bought a R4, but it came without a box (like the one showed on website) and without a CD. Whatherer, I have tested the original firmware and I can play all the games very well (includind Castlevania ones).

But I still have some concerns... I have done this test, and there is no chip behind the R4 sticker.

They don't put the CD with it anymore. If it works, be happy
tongue.gif

D

Deleted-119707

i dont know if people are getting confused with what i was saying XD

peel back the r4 sticker on the card:
if youe see:
no chip = real
a chip = fake

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz said:
dynamiteout said:
Anyone know where I can get a "legit" R4DS in Canada? Please advise.
Don't buy an R4, you ignorant *$%(^*$&#.
QFT. Buy a better cart. Lol me and OJ are R4 haterz. But no one likes haterz, so we're R4 not-likers.

Check all the asian malls, they're sure to have something.

fabulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the risk is can not upgrade i think. that's why current r4 ds all has no disk. then you have to go to r4ds.com to upgrade, this is a way to control.

so you have to go to some reliable sellers for this item.

fabulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this depends, i also didn't understand why ppl still wants R4, maybe simply bcs r4 is just popular.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
The main reasons for people still wanting R4's are:

1) The name R4 , its kinda kool (if you like that sort of thing) and easy to remember

2) It was one of the first cards (slot 1) to offer near 100% games compatibility

3) The R4 is very easy to use with barely any options to mess with making it good for noobs

4) Word of mouth from when it first came out and i know iv told hundreds of people about it (when i had one that is) and people still ask me to get them one till i tell them about the SC and SDHC compatibility

Lets face it the R4 has been a good card but its not any more due to lack of function and SDHC support , plus its pretty expensive for what it is and has many clones/fakes so its a minefield just trying to get a genuine one!

For $20 you can get a TTDS with support for up to 32 gigs (just now there is only up to 8 gigs) and has a very basic OS like the R4

Or for $23 the ACEKARD 2 with SDHC and more options on top

Or the Supercard v3 (the best in my opinion) has SDHC and every feature you will ever want such as real time save/AR cheats/slow motion/clear rom support + more... (yes im a SC fan boy lol)

And for even more $$$£££ there is the cyclone which basically sports the same features as the supercard v3 but it costs you more and apparently thats due to the team behind the cyclone being based in a first world country and being english! pushes the costs up apparently.

Anyway there is plenty to choose which are far cheaper than the R4 with many more features so head on down to DX dealxtreme and check them out :-)

regards , paul

Tri3dgE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The risk is constant lock-ups in games and some "weird" glitches.

P.S: I know many does not like the R4, and some recommend to buy other flash carts, but do take in mind that not all countries has a wide range of flash carts available on the market (for example here in the Philippines, the R4 and EDGE are only available and consider yourself extremely lucky to find an M3), so many prompt to buy an R4. (R4 = PHP 800~1000, Edge = PHP 670~970)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.