Hacking Risks of hacking the Vita

krepandus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
New kid on the block here as far as handheld hacking goes... Just set a9lh on my n3ds a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying it properly :wub: the process was a bit stressful tho... The possible unavoidable softbricks etc...

I guess my question is how risky it is hacking the vita compared to the 3ds, chances of bricks (if there are any), etc... Just to know what I'm dealing with... Some YouTube tutorials and guides on henkaku and adrenaline I've been reading seem simple enough..

Thinking about getting a vita somewhere round Christmas cause, why not both :yaynds::yaypsp:

Thanks for the answers!

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was in your same boat 2 days ago. While I don't have my vita yet(got off ebay) reading and watching a lot of videos everything seems really easy. Is bricking a thing? yes but unless you go out your way your not going to run into it.

Reactions: krepandus
D

Deleted User

There is pretty much zero chance of bricking by just installing HENkaku and Adrenaline because they don't tamper with important system files like A9LH for the 3DS does.

Just be wary of apps that are purposefully made to brick (some of them disguised as Vita game dumps are sometimes (but rarely) shared online, but the latest VitaShell builds should pick those up and warn you of them!)

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And caution with the file system. The hack give you chance of see and mess with all partitions. Then not unlock this feature if you dont need and if need caution to not delete important things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM