Risks of hacking the Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by krepandus, Dec 8, 2016.

1. krepandus
    OP

krepandus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2016
    Australia
    New kid on the block here as far as handheld hacking goes... Just set a9lh on my n3ds a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying it properly :wub: the process was a bit stressful tho... The possible unavoidable softbricks etc...

I guess my question is how risky it is hacking the vita compared to the 3ds, chances of bricks (if there are any), etc... Just to know what I'm dealing with... Some YouTube tutorials and guides on henkaku and adrenaline I've been reading seem simple enough..

Thinking about getting a vita somewhere round Christmas cause, why not both :yaynds::yaypsp:

Thanks for the answers!

2. Dr. Dew

Dr. Dew GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2015
    Sudan
    Khartoum
    Hacking a vita (on 3.60) is as easy as taking a shit.

Little Zed likes this.
  3. SomecallmeBerto

SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA
    I was in your same boat 2 days ago. While I don't have my vita yet(got off ebay) reading and watching a lot of videos everything seems really easy. Is bricking a thing? yes but unless you go out your way your not going to run into it.

krepandus likes this.
  4. krepandus
    OP

krepandus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2016
    Australia
    Sweet! Looking forward on getting my hands on one then :D:D:D

5. Voxel

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    There is pretty much zero chance of bricking by just installing HENkaku and Adrenaline because they don't tamper with important system files like A9LH for the 3DS does.

Just be wary of apps that are purposefully made to brick (some of them disguised as Vita game dumps are sometimes (but rarely) shared online, but the latest VitaShell builds should pick those up and warn you of them!)

6. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    kung fu rabbit & fruit ninja .. will give your Vita Aids ... just leave them games alone ( both shit anyways )

7. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    And caution with the file system. The hack give you chance of see and mess with all partitions. Then not unlock this feature if you dont need and if need caution to not delete important things.

8. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    sucks is you can't go on PSN store anymore with 3.60