Gaming Risk when replacing DSi touchscreen.

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't take this crap any more. There are three small, but very, very annoying scratches on my DSi touchscreen and I have decided to the replace it.

Last time I took apart a DS was when I wanted to switch the case for my DS lite, I managed to mess up the top screen ribbon cable (a couple of tiny dents) and it was rendered useless (didn't lose much as the ds was pretty much dead before I tried the shell replacement). I have found what seems to be an OEM DSi touchscreen but before I even attempt this I would like to know how large is the risk that my DSi would be rendered useless?

There are also some dust stuff I need to remove under the screen border. I have no intention of touching the top screen.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna say straight up, if you suck at things, don't do it. If you know you fucked up last time and don't think that you have the resolve to do it exactly and know what you're doing, don't bother. Saw a few people mess up DSes and other electronics this way and it's not pretty when they realize going crazy and ripping it apart without knowing EXACTLY what you're getting into leads to the system being completely dead.

If you're fine and the only problem is that, you should probably leave it alone unless you can find a few video tutorials (so you can SEE what's happening without a shadow of a doubt) and perhaps have someone online who's done it before you can talk to to ask any small questions that may be of concern to you once it's open or before.

Really if it's something that small you should probably just leave it alone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.