Rise of the tomb raider (PC) : Your though?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Noctosphere, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    Yeah, I preordered the game at thre beginning of the month.
    I was so excited to be able to play it at midnight, and suddenly, Steam tells me it will be released in 12 hour......... Damn......
    So today, at 12PM, I started to play Rise of the tomb raider.
    Graphics are very cool and realistic.
    It says it requires a gtx980ti to run it with recommended setting, but I run it fine with my GTX760 on max setting.
    The story is very great so far, not gonna tell anything about it so I won't accidentally spoil anyone.

But something bother me a lot. So far, I played only the single player campaign and I get a HUUUGE lag while playing, especially during cutscene. And when I say lag, I don't mean my FPS are low, I really mean lag, like with internet, it freeze for few seconds then the video speeds up and gets back to normal speed.
    Did it occured to anyone else in the single player campaign?
    If so, please tell it here.

Also, I heard about that Denuvo thing to counter pirate. It says that it encrypt the game in real-time so it makes it a lot harder to crack. However, it reduces PC performance a lot and can damage SSD in long-term. Personnaly, I don't use SSD and I didn't had any low performance on ROTTR, but maybe it is the cause of that lag. What makes me sad about Denuvo is that okay, it's harder to crack, but if it gets cracked, the cracked version will have better performance than the version honest people bought.

So, your though?

2. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Drop the texture settings, you are running out of VRAM.

For very high textures game needs >4GB vram (hence the 980ti recommended)
    High needs 4GB.

Game can also creep above 8GB system ram in cutscene depending on settings.

Last edited by Armadillo, Jan 29, 2016