Ripping songs from Iso

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by iamKHEEMchi, Jul 29, 2015.

1. iamKHEEMchi
    OP

iamKHEEMchi Flynn Rider's Ichiban

Jun 21, 2014
    Barto Club
    I'm playing this game and I want to make this one saying as a ringtone. Any suggestions?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Even if you said for a specific system there is probably going to be half a dozen approaches that could be taken for a given game. If it is for any game system ever then we would be here all day just covering the basics.

However if you just want a short ringtone of a single song/audio snippet then
    Get the game, get to the point in the game where you can reliably make the sound/play the track you want, preferably without anything playing over it.
    Run it in an emulator. Use the emulator's audio or video record functionality to grab it. If the emulator does not have this then use the loopback sound grabber your sound card should have.

If an emulator is not good enough then run it on hardware and take the sound output, put it into a computer and record that with something like audacity. If by some quirk your console does not have a sound output (be it headphone, phono or something similar) then you can still get it out but you will probably be soldering.

If you are seeing things play over the top and there is no audio test mode or something then you do have options. The three main ones are cancellation (get the sound you want to remove, invert it and play it over the base capture at a suitable point), some hardware fun (more for older consoles where you might be able to disable a sound chip and leave the other chips firing) or something more hacker based (you have emulation based, ROM hacking level and something in the middle).

iamKHEEMchi likes this.
  3. iamKHEEMchi
    OP

iamKHEEMchi Flynn Rider's Ichiban

Jun 21, 2014
    Barto Club
    Sorry. I didn't specify the console. It's on psp. I'll look into it if ppssspp have it thank you very much for your help.