Homebrew Ripping saves from Commercial GBA Games?

qazadex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a catridge version of Pokemon Ruby, and its internal battery has run dry. So is there any way I can backup the save so I use a backup version of pokemon ruby with my old save?

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
qazadex said:
I've got a catridge version of Pokemon Ruby, and its internal battery has run dry. So is there any way I can backup the save so I use a backup version of pokemon ruby with my old save?
If the battery has run dry, it probably won't save anything anymore, so your old save file is lost.
If your old save file is still on your cart however, there is this thing called Rudolph's universal backup tool (IIRC) that you can put on your slot-1 flashcart to make a backup of your save file.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol I remember when my Pokemon Gold's internal battery died...I wanted to snap the dam thing in half. I had all pokemon except for a celebi recorded in my pokedex (all through legit trades =D)...and then it all vanished...

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Demonbart said:
qazadex said:
If the battery has run dry, it probably won't save anything anymore, so your old save file is lost.
If your old save file is still on your cart however, there is this thing called Rudolph's universal backup tool (IIRC) that you can put on your slot-1 flashcart to make a backup of your save file.
Battery on the gba cartridges is used for RTC

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
No it isn't. The only cartridge that featured RTC was pokemon emerald, sapphire and ruby. Sure it had it's own battery, but the OTHER battery is for saving.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
.... all the games I have had wich had a battery had real time events. the others didn't have one, if I am right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: