Hacking Question Ripping own games, any danger of ban?

dkcas11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hey all,

So i like to own physical copies of my games, but i admit its nice to have them digitally. Using say SX-OS and ripping my own games, is it still risky playing them digitally? What precautions should i take, what to look out for, etc?
I know that running CFW alone already poses a risk, and everything does in those regards does, but what is the current state of playing your own ripped games?

D

Deleted User

You have to stay offline if you are using Backups. If you go only you will most likely get banned

D

Deleted User

Everything get's logged. With these logs Nintendo can tell if you are using a CFW

safest way is :
go offline, before making nand backup.
backup NAND, backup your SD card.
hack all you want still offline. Use choix du jour to update (and with autorcm, to prevent burning fuse or you can't restore older nand backups)
restore NAND when you want to go clean or online, AND format your SD card and restore the backup SD (restoring NAND but keeping your hacked SD is not safe). though, to go online you might need to update your firmware to latest based on which version you have/exists
Going online at any point while in homebrew or CFW will result in a ban, we know that for sure. Going online in OFW after having used CFW/homebrew seems less likely to result in a ban, but still isn't safe. Your only option for online is to wait for stealth patches.

Last edited by ,

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Been there, white hat pirate here ... only backed up games I owned physically to a digital form (XCI)
Did some other minor stuff (emulation) on CFW.
Got banned, now superbanned,

As I got banned I then switched all my games form xci to nsp (for more ease of use).
But also am thinking about a secondary switch ... which will stay as vanilla as possible.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i mean, unless they're like morrigan, but i kinda doubt it