Ripping original game to PC

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ZeroTm, Oct 9, 2009.

Oct 9, 2009

Ripping original game to PC by ZeroTm at 12:58 AM (748 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. ZeroTm
    OP

Member ZeroTm GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hello Tempers,

is there any way to rip an original wii game from the dvd to the pc with any tool?

IMGburn didn't work for me, it didn't get recognized so I´m stumped on this.

Help would be appreciated. [​IMG]

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    You need to have a specific DVD drive to be able to back up titles. Bear in mind this can take anywhere from 3-5 hours depending on your computer. I would suggest to use an SD card to dump the title in parts using the wii and just re-assemble it on the computer.

3. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You could also use a USB drive that is 8GB+ format it to WBFS, launch a USB Loader on the Wii, and rip it to the USB drive. From there connect the drive to the computer launch WBFS Manager 3.0 (or any other WBFS program) and extract said ISO to PC. The whole process takes up to 45 minutes (that's a dual layered disc like Metroid Prime Trilogy or Super Smash Bros. Brawl). Just remember to have Waninkoko's cIOS v13 for dual layered or games that take the whole single layered disc as v14 will break the ISO. This way is much faster and you don't need a specific drive just a USB drive, your Wii, and a PC. The catch 22 is there is little reason to burn an ISO if you have a large enough WBFS drive.

4. ZeroTm
    OP

Member ZeroTm GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I would have done that but my drive is broken. Thats why I thought I could extract it to the pc to copy it on my hdd. Burned dvds got recognized.

5. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    only possible methods are USB/SD or Network dump.

Network dump is slower (usually a few hours for SL) and requires a network connection, but you don't have to join the parts.

6. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    mine i rip my original game through usb loader gx. then make an iso in my pc using wbfs manager. burn my backup afterwards using cyberlinkpower2go at 2x speed.

7. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    So you are saying that your wii drive is broken.