Gaming Ripping ISO out of UMD

jchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed my usb device in the VSH menu from Memory stick to UMD then i connected it to my computer and copied the ISO file that showed up on to my desktop. My question: is this method perfectly safe and wont damage my UMD?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why would it? It's like putting a CD into a computer and installing a game. You aren't writing anything to the disc. Unless, you stuck a metal pin into your UMD slot, there shouldn't be a reason this would damage a UMD in any way.

jchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i didnt mean physical damage, but yeah, i think its no different from copying a file. Thanks for your answer.

acks45

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jchen said:
I changed my usb device in the VSH menu from Memory stick to UMD.
could you tell me how this is done, i want to make a copy of my fft war of the lions so that the skills dont slow down during battle.

edit: as loading from a rom in memory is quicker than starting up the disc read motor everytime orlando uses lightning stab. i had the same problem with using my psx cd in delta( best pc psx emulator out there imo) and ripping the cd to iso and loading it into daemon tools fixed this problem.

edit edit: I downloaded the rom for it last night. and the skills were still not lining up properly with the sound. what a kick in the junk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.