Hacking Ripping games with 0800 firmware

driverdis

I am Justice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have decided to pick up a BenQ VAD6038 and X360 USB V2 to rip my own Xbox and 360 games.

What I am not sure about is the 0800 firmware and how to approach this so I have some questions.

Is the 0800 firmware easy to obtain and flash on the BenQ? (Not asking for links, etc)

Can the BenQ rip XGD3 games properly?

I also have two spare Lite-On DG-16D5S drives that are 5 years newer than the BenQ so I was wondering what it takes to rip games using 0800 firmware on those?

from what I have read the DG-16D5S needs an unlocked LTU2 drive and the DVD key to flash for use in a console but do I need the DVD key to flash and use 0800 on it? The systems that these drives came out of are dead so no amount of RGH will get their DVD keys back.

driverdis

I am Justice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Benq has the ability to rip XGD3, no need for 0800 firmwares, the X360 USB Pro V2 has that feature built in.

The Liteon drives tho... Not sure if they're compatible.

So for the BenQ I can leave stock FW on it and directly rip using Xbox Backup Creater as per the redump wiki, or is there better software to use with the X360 USB Pro V2?

driverdis

I am Justice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the X360 USB Pro V2, what a piece of garbage. The one I got was sealed, I don’t think it is a counterfeit but I don’t know.

the eject button does not work, the thing errors out with USB device malfunctions all the time on the CK3i section, it can’t rip games since it won’t ramp the drive up.

All it can do is dump firmwares and flash drives in JungleFlasher. The drive vanishes from Windows Explorer all the time and when it does appear it hangs the whole system tying to read nothing.

I can eject and close the drive with the extended CK3i features in JungleFlasher but I can’t use that along with Xbox 360 Backup Creator as it disables the direct drive letter access that I need to rip games.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Try installing it in a Win 7 VM otherwise?

I'd love to have a V2 and me V1 has never given me any issues.
Granted I never tried it on Win 10 nor any 64 bit OS ;p

driverdis

I am Justice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try installing it in a Win 7 VM otherwise?

I'd love to have a V2 and me V1 has never given me any issues.
Granted I never tried it on Win 10 nor any 64 bit OS ;p

Sane thing happens even as far back as an XP VM, except even better as explorer and another apps all freeze since XP really gets hung up on disc drives that keep trying to read.

no matter what, the eject button should function and without it I can’t load any games into the drive to see if they show up.

driverdis

I am Justice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I'm inclined to say that you got a dud.
Contact the seller and ask for a new one?

Not sure which thing i did to get it to work, but it is problematic.
Eject function is still broken and the CK3i does not activate which is why the drive freezes Windows.

What I did.
1. New SATA cable
2. Real SATA PSU, not the included Molex to SATA
3. Changed to a different USB port
4. Made sure the USB power AUX was disabled.

at this point i was going to give up as it still did not work.

but Windows insisted on shutting down and rebooting Windows while JungleFlasher was open and the CK3i interface control was active, this allowed the CK3i to still control the drive afterward and Windows showed the drive letter.

After that, I had an idea. load a disc using JungleFlasher eject and close, force close JungleFlasher to avoid it shutting down the CK3i, then unplug and plug back in the X360 USB Pro V2.

the Eject button is still busted which sucks but as if now I can see and rip games after i follow the same procedure.
I do have to repeat the procedure with each game since i need to open and close the tray but it works.

I did find that in order to properly dump XGD3 games the BenQ does require 0800 v3 firmware according to the readme of Xbox Backup Creator. I do have a Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:78 on the way because i can use stock FW according to this
Drive SS XGD3 AP25 DRT
-------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung TS-H943A 1 2 3 N
Phillips BenQ VAD6038 1 2 Y N
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:32 Y Y N Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:36 Y Y N Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:40 Y Y N Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:46 Y Y N Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:47 Y Y N Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:59 Y Y N Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:78 Y Y Y Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:79 Y Y Y Y
Hitachi DL10N Y Y Y Y
Liteon DG-16D2S 1 2 Y N
Liteon DG-16D4S Y Y Y Y
Liteon DG-16D5S *Not supported yet because Auth is different

1 = The OEM SS is not fully compliant with iXtreme, use abgx to fix
2 = Firmware must be XGD3 flashed (post 13141)
3 = Firmware must be XGD3 flashed (post 13141) Uses non-MS method
Y = Yes
N = No

Reactions: DinohScene

driverdis

I am Justice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely can’t recommend the Hitachi GDR-3120L, the one I just picked up makes loud clicking sounds and won’t eject the disc most of the time. This seems to be a common problem with this drive. To make matters even better this drive can’t dump SS V2 despite it supposedly being able to do so with the Pro USB V2.

Reactions: SAXJONZ

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure which thing i did to get it to work, but it is problematic.
Eject function is still broken and the CK3i does not activate which is why the drive freezes Windows.

What I did.
1. New SATA cable
2. Real SATA PSU, not the included Molex to SATA
3. Changed to a different USB port
4. Made sure the USB power AUX was disabled.

at this point i was going to give up as it still did not work.

but Windows insisted on shutting down and rebooting Windows while JungleFlasher was open and the CK3i interface control was active, this allowed the CK3i to still control the drive afterward and Windows showed the drive letter.

After that, I had an idea. load a disc using JungleFlasher eject and close, force close JungleFlasher to avoid it shutting down the CK3i, then unplug and plug back in the X360 USB Pro V2.

the Eject button is still busted which sucks but as if now I can see and rip games after i follow the same procedure.
I do have to repeat the procedure with each game since i need to open and close the tray but it works.

I did find that in order to properly dump XGD3 games the BenQ does require 0800 v3 firmware according to the readme of Xbox Backup Creator. I do have a Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:78 on the way because i can use stock FW according to this
Drive SS XGD3 AP25 DRT
-------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung TS-H943A 1 2 3 N
Phillips BenQ VAD6038 1 2 Y N
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:32 Y Y N Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:36 Y Y N Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:40 Y Y N Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:46 Y Y N Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:47 Y Y N Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:59 Y Y N Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:78 Y Y Y Y
Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:79 Y Y Y Y
Hitachi DL10N Y Y Y Y
Liteon DG-16D2S 1 2 Y N
Liteon DG-16D4S Y Y Y Y
Liteon DG-16D5S *Not supported yet because Auth is different

1 = The OEM SS is not fully compliant with iXtreme, use abgx to fix
2 = Firmware must be XGD3 flashed (post 13141)
3 = Firmware must be XGD3 flashed (post 13141) Uses non-MS method
Y = Yes
N = No

Where was this quoted from? I was trying to find this to see if my 3120 drive was compatible. Having issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

driverdis

I am Justice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where was this quoted from? I was trying to find this to see if my 3120 drive was compatible. Having issues with it.

that list is from the readme included in Xbox Backup Creator

Also, I would recommend getting the BenQ drive and flash 0800v3 firmware over using the 3120. I got the Rev78 3120 drive off of eBay so i could have a compatible drive and it does not work right. for one, it cannot dump the security sector (SS.bin) of XGD3 games like COD BOII without failing for no reason. I have had no issues dumping anything Xbox (XGD [turn sector mapper off]) or Xbox 360 (XGD2,XGD3) related with the 0800v3 flashed BenQ drive.

Last edited by driverdis,

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing. I just happen to have an older model hitachi from an Xbox that doesn’t work that I bought for ten bucks. I have an Liteon 16D2S that I have ripped around 100 games with so far but I’d like to put that back in its console and put it back together.
I read that any drive is supposed to work with jf and xbc. I had to flash my drive with 0800 firmware to work though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself