Hacking Ripping games issues with usb loader gx , and config usb loader

dragon_slayerxd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using usb loader gx with dios mios 2.9 and 1204 rev and 21 rev ( tried 17, 19, and 20 ) also when going to the rip game section of both usb loaders it always freezes with all kinds of games, and yes is an american game. So I don't know if it's my wii or some kind a messed up iso. I can boot games fine, except when I try to boot gamecube games in the wii system menu, it just goes to black i don't know if this affects anything.. I also installed miosv10, by wad manager if anyone can help me it would be appreciated.Also wii games can't be ripped it freezes... Any suggestions? and is not the usb , it worked before now is just acting up, and won't rip, neither to the sd card

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have a cIOS problem.
Cleanrip works because it uses a original nintendo ios to rip the games ( ios58 )

If you want to rip games using usb loader GX, you have to install the lates D2X cios.
You can get your files using Modmii by XFlak wich is a PC program.

dragon_slayerxd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a cIOS problem.
Cleanrip works because it uses a original nintendo ios to rip the games ( ios58 )

If you want to rip games using usb loader GX, you have to install the lates D2X cios.
You can get your files using Modmii by XFlak wich is a PC program.

Can you help me with this I never used mod mii, is there a certain cios i should try to use? and what kind a problem do I have with my cios?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
• modmii will download latest version of the custom IOSes.
Then use a wad manager to install them (as modmii download them in Wad format).

cIOS 17-21 are old (but should work).
using the latest d2x cIOS is usually fixing HDD detection, and it may fix your dumping issue too.

It seems users with an USB flash drive have more issues than using HDD. if you have an external USB2.0 drive, you can test if it fix your problem to know if it's the loader issue, or your device/cIOS issue.

• You said there's a message "game installed" but you don't see it.
did it go up to 100%?
if you don't see it, maybe it's because you are not using the correct settings. (you need to select if you want to see Wii games or Gamecube Games, or both, etc.)

• If you launch Gamecube Games from the system menu (Disc channel), it depends which MIOS you currently have installed on your wii.
MIOS v10 : can launch retail game disc
DIOS MIOS : to launch Retail game disc, you need to connect a FAT32 HDD to your USB port0, or else it will stay on black screen.
DIOS MIOS Lite : maybe it requires an SD card present in your front slot (I never remove it).

dragon_slayerxd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modmii will download latest version of the custom IOSes.
Then use a wad manager to install them (as modmii download them in Wad format).

cIOS 17-21 are old (but should work).
using the latest d2x cIOS is usually fixing HDD detection, and it may fix your dumping issue too.

It seems users with an USB flash drive have more issues than using HDD. if you have an external USB2.0 drive, you can test if it fix your problem to know if it's the loader issue, or your device/cIOS issue.

You said there's a message "game installed" but you don't see it.
did it go up to 100%?
if you don't see it, maybe it's because you are not using the correct settings. (you need to select if you want to see Wii games or Gamecube Games, or both, etc.)
Okay well i'm attempting to install the cios from mod mii and i see a lot of versions im using 249 ios but other than that i'm lost right now. and if 17-21 rev are old which is the newest one? and which d2x cIOS do I install modmii has a lot, and also it was working fine, till recently first started with the gamecube controllers not working fixed that by installing mios v10 now this, and if the wii is on without usb loader gamecube games don't load normally, so i don't know at this point, and if i'm a install this new d2x cIOs then which one, and would it solve my issue?

dragon_slayerxd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and i did use the right settings, and no first it froze now it just says installed so i'm pretty much stuck at this point, and really want to backup my games to prevent them from scratching especially gamecube ones

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you need only two cIOS :

Slot249 : cIOS d2x version 10 based on IOS 56
Slot250 : cIOS d2x version 10 based on IOS 57

There is also a version 10-alt, which works a little differently and has different HDD detection/compatibility. but try with v10 first.

If your setting is right, you should see the game.
Check these :
- No Favorite option selected (disable the Star icon at the top)
- Correct Game origin selected (Click on the 4th icon at the top, and select proper origin : wii/gameCube/NAND/EmuNAND)
- No Category filtering (Click on the desk icon at the top, and set the "All" to a standard check, not a cross)
- No parental control (Disable the lock state at the top-right if enabled)

update your USBloaderGX to latest beta:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8100znclclb3tv9
(replace the boot.dol on your SD card with the one in the /IOS249/ folder)

dragon_slayerxd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need only two cIOS :

There is also a version 10-alt, which works a little differently and has different HDD detection/compatibility. but try with v10 first.

If your setting is right, you should see the game.
Check these :
- No Favorite option selected (disable the Star icon at the top)
- Correct Game origin selected (Click on the 4th icon at the top, and select proper origin : wii/gameCube/NAND/EmuNAND)
- No Category filtering (Click on the desk icon at the top, and set the "All" to a standard check, not a cross)
- No parental control (Disable the lock state at the top-right if enabled)

update your USBloaderGX to latest beta:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8100znclclb3tv9
(replace the boot.dol on your SD card with the one in the /IOS249/ folder)

Okay so i downloaded those two cios 2dx versionn 8 it gave me in modmii is that fine? and i checked and I do have the lastest is rev 1204 ios 249, and rev 21, do i install those two by wad mananger? and would that solve my issue?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad CleanRip doesn't work for a ton of people.

It's pretty buggy in general. I've found that it only works reliably on FAT formatted drives, and you have to use the version that is 1 before the latest.

you need only two cIOS :

This. ModMii is a little OP just to do this, and doesn't give you the newest stuff. I'm pretty sure there's a guide on how to install the cIOS files on their code site. Just Google it. They have a little installer that can be launched via the HBC and everything.

If, however, you have changed other IOS's in the past, then you should use ModMii to restore all of the other IOS's for the system to the factory default.

These are not easy tools to use, so take your time, read the instructions, and reason through it. No one here will be able to, in 2 sentences, tell you exactly what you need to do or do it for you.

i'll try 1214 since is the newest rev right cyan? and also would that help my installing games into usb issue?

Your USB drive sounds fucked. Hope it isn't WBFS!

dragon_slayerxd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty buggy in general. I've found that it only works reliably on FAT formatted drives, and you have to use the version that is 1 before the latest.

This. ModMii is a little OP just to do this, and doesn't give you the newest stuff. I'm pretty sure there's a guide on how to install the cIOS files on their code site. Just Google it. They have a little installer that can be launched via the HBC and everything.

If, however, you have changed other IOS's in the past, then you should use ModMii to restore all of the other IOS's for the system to the factory default.

These are not easy tools to use, so take your time, read the instructions, and reason through it. No one here will be able to, in 2 sentences, tell you exactly what you need to do or do it for you.

Nah is not the usb tried it with both usb and sd same issue so it leads to believe that it is a cios issue.. is a fat 32 btw so I can boot gamecube, and wbfs to boot wii

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Modmii is always up to date concerning cIOS.
Make sure you use the classic version and enable beta option for d2x cios.

Also modmii is probably the easiest program I'' ve ver used.
It asks you what you have/want and tells you what to to do in the custom gengerated guide.

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Or try with WiiDownloader (on my signature):
Download the WAD ( WAD-cIOS -> d2x v10-beta52 [Standard package] ) and install them with a wad-manager

I create the cIOS laways using ModMii, but for some user is more easy to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.