Hacking ripping games from retail disc

snakepliskin2334

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a program that you can use to rip games from retail disc using the computer like backup manager or a different program because i tryed to install games stright to the hard drive with cfg usb loader and for some reason it wont let me so any tips or tricks on that... thanks (:

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a program that you can use to rip games from retail disc using the computer like backup manager or a different program because i tryed to install games stright to the hard drive with cfg usb loader and for some reason it wont let me so any tips or tricks on that... thanks (:
try an use gx.. as far a ripping from computer to hd no, not unless you have the rare lg drive that can read the iso.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do have a large hard drive thats why i am asking is there a program u can use to rip the games ????
it's not the size of the hard drive that matters, LG is the brand name, as i said ty gx it works for ripping.(just used it to dump mario party 9 the other day.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that for reading retail? cause as far as i know only the rare LG will read wii iso.. cause if imgburn was able to read the wii iso, i think every time this question has been asked, then that would have been the answer.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
is that for reading retail? cause as far as i know only the rare LG will read wii iso.. cause if imgburn was able to read the wii iso, i think every time this question has been asked, then that would have been the answer.
Yes I think it allows reading raw mode kind of blind dumping, I tested on LG, Sony and panasonic, also ISO tools such as UltraISO for instance has this "raw mode" option

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I think it allows reading raw mode kind of blind dumping, I tested on LG, Sony and panasonic, also ISO tools such as UltraISO for instance has this "raw mode" option
he's not asking for a guess or you think it might work. he is asking for an answer.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to be confusion here. OP is not clear. Answers add further confusion.

@snakepliskin12 are saying you're trying to back up game from wii drive to a usb hard drive and that it won't work?
@shortz1994 message to you (I believe) is that there are LG DVD drives that can be used in conjunction with PC to read/rip games.

If it's not ripping using gx, what's going wrong? Is there an error message does it hang? You need to give more info for help. Post syscheck.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Any DVD drive can read/rip a Wii ISO that's been burned onto a DVD...

The concern is the original Wii discs. They cannot be read by the vast majority of computer drives out there, which is why the Wii is used for ripping/dumping.

The harddrive does not matter. It's your DVD drive that does, and only a few on the planet (relatively) can read it.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i know wii knee, i use the LG GDR8164B0F08 drive, i have it an external case. that is hooked up, so i can use it with my laptop.
i don't have a dvd drive in my wii. i did the mod that has my hdd inside my wii.(lot cleaner look.). as far as i know there are only a couple of older models that actually read the wii iso.

Reactions: 1 person

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Allow me to clear a few things up...

The OP is saying cfg usb loader will not allow him to rip a retail disc to his usb hard drive!
More than likely he has a hard drive formatted to ntfs, but cfg has ntfs write support turned off by default. Thus you cannot rip games to an ntfs hard drive without enabling this option in the config file. To enable this option, using your pc run the configurator located in the usb loader folder and navigate to global settings and change ntfs write to 1 then select save config file with all options.

Now to answer the OP's question about ripping via PC, as far as I know you can only rip from a PC if you have a specific dvd drive.

Reactions: 1 person

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
FYI, the 8164 could be switched to debug mode, that's why it works. Nothing to do with raw ripping.
Used mine a lot over the years :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...