United Kingdom

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks... er, what's EEPROM? Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory - is that flash cards? If so, I was talking about actual GBA originals - is that possible?

If you're talking about actual carts then Send Save will let me pull the saves up, but can I put them into ROMs for my flash cart?. Do you know if it also works with GBC games?

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It all depends on the client on how you obtain the save/rom, but any save/rom you rip will work fine on a flash cart (provided you have the option to restore save files).

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh... so, a ripping from a cart will also rip the save?

So it's a question of putting it ON the cart that determines keeping the save then? Thanks.
smile.gif

Can I as what the easiest/cheapest/best method of ripping from a cart is? So far I've been told Flash2Advance is a pretty good bet. I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK there a 4 save methods:
password/no save at all
EEPROM, cheap nasty and small. Used for high scores and such on simple games, albeit about half of the available titles.
SRAM, some are battery backed while others use a slightly different route apparently, used on mid range games and the more simple RPGs/platformers/
Flash, complex games and RPGs here.

Cheapest way of grabbing saves would probably be to buy a linker for a flash cart (normally less than £15) and use that or use that save grabbing tool I linked in conjunction with a GBA slot cart (I hear the SC does not like it though as pulling it out resets the console).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: if i have time for that