Hacking Ripping games and extracting keys

midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok so i just sent my xbox360 phat to get repaired and they are sending me a replacement. After having experiences with scratched disks i would like to backup my games and play them from a usb. So i did a google search and discovered xkey on this site:
http://www.ozmodchip...ader-p-362.html
I also watched some of his videos on YouTube (ozmodchips channel) on installing the xkey. But during the video shown below about installing the firmware where did he get all that firmware dump info for the xbox360 phat???
I understand how to put it into my console but i dont understand where i get the 'firmware dump'. Which program do i use??? I found out about xkey gecko (http://www.ozmodchip...ecko-p-391.html)but i dont think its compatible with any of the phat xbox dvd drives at the moment is it??
So my question again is what programs and/or devices do I need to extract the firmware (like what the xkey gecko does).
Also is there a device again like xkey gecko that you can use to backup your original games???

To anyone who helps out. Thank you in Advance. :yay:

Video:
()

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you aren't going to use Live or going to go for RGHing. (Dual nand if you want live) If you want a x360key that badly at least let me try to tell you some of the benefits of rgh. Custom dashboard, XBLA, DLC, some indie games, plugins, external hard drive support, emulators, homebrew, cheats for certain games, save hacking, ripping games is easier and much more.

Basically you need your drive key. Depending on the drive it can be fairly easy just look at the tray or drive when you open your 360 and check jungleflasher's guide.

It can be as easy as using a sata cable unless your chipset doesn't work. Powering your drive via the 360 and use a sata cable preferably a longer one then the one with the 360 to connect it to your pc. Then run jungleflasher and dump it. It might be harder depending on the drive good luck.

Just read jungle flashers guide on how to get your drive key.
To rip games you can use your 360 drive and Xbox Backup Creator.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you get a xk3y then you can iirc rip a disc straight to the HDD.

ODDE's are as Live safe as flashed boxes.
So patch your games and don't draw attention.

njkmonty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi im just about to receive a new xbox slim pre august 2011 build date lite on drive.
Ive had a modded "original" xbox before with many emulators and loved it, what i was hoping that someone could direct me down the right path.
I dont have a great desire to go on Xbox live, i would prefer if there was a way of ripping my 360 games using the xbox onto a external hard drive,
i dont realy want to buy a 2nd hand kreon drive to do this but , will if its the only way,
i would love to have some emulators on it aswell, but not interested in photos/ movies/ music etc , just games, i almost coughed up money for a "cool runnings" thing from a retail shop, but hesitated.
i just succesfully soft modded my wii and too was just about to buy a "wode" ! hence why im here now!
I make guitar amps and pedals and quite good at soldering, so im not worried if that is a path that may be needed

?
Is "RGHing" what i neeed ? (what ever that is!)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You need a RGH'd 360 for emulators (there aren't that many) and homebrew (also not many)

You can't just softmod a 360.

RGHing a 360 requires you to dump the NAND and fit a chip (example being a TX Coolrunner)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey