Ripping an ISO off a backup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Yurin, Aug 3, 2009.

Aug 3, 2009

Ripping an ISO off a backup by Yurin at 3:00 AM (2,084 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. Yurin
    OP

Newcomer Yurin Member

United States
    Hey guys. So I have a burnt DVD with wii games on it and it works fine on my wii, problem is that it has error 001. So what I did was extract the iso from the DVD with MagicISO and wii generic patched it and trucha signed it. But i found out that it's corrupted.

Is it possible to rip an ISO off a backup or not? If yes how? Thanks. If not is there a way to get rid of error 001 with only the burnt dvd disc?

Thanks alot

2. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes, just use imageburn to "create image file" from disc.
    thats all you do.
    name it to whatever the game is, then burn it again to a blank.

(imageburn by default names it image.iso).

I do that all the time, when someone wants a copy of a certain game on disc that i have............

(also, your saying a burnt dvd with wii games on it. A single dvd can only hold 1 game, due to its size, unless its dual-layer, then your stuck...)

3. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    um you can put more than one wii game on a dvd mr noob

4. Tagg7

Member Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It is possible, but is rarely done.

5. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    ImgBurn's ISO making feature is excellent for Wii games. AFAIK, Wii games have a file system unreadable by Windows, so a program that tries to read the files on the disc before making the ISO won't work. (i think this is how magiciso works, so it's not very good for Wii games)

6. loaky

Newcomer loaky Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah you need one of the readers that can actually read Wii games, there's only about 2 I think.

7. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    You only need a special drive if you're copying originals, but backups can be read by any drive as they don't contain the encryption found on original copies.

I've used ImgBurn on a few different computers, none recognized the backup, but ImgBurn found the disc and made a working iso. ImgBurn copies the disc, even when it has an unreadable file system.

8. buckely

Newcomer buckely Member

United States
    For a fail safe way you could use WBFS Manager to extract the iso of the game. Just like you were putting it on a usb drive, then copy that over to your computer.

9. Yurin
    OP

Newcomer Yurin Member

United States
    Wow thanks guys, for the first post i meant i got wii discs 1 game on ea. I'll try all of these solutions. You guys are great [​IMG]

10. Wii_Manic

Member Wii_Manic GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    By using this will I be able to rip the ISO of an patched game (early backuplaunchers) and copy it to my HD to play via USBLoader GX? Thanks

11. Yurin
    OP

Newcomer Yurin Member

United States
    Okay now I'm just getting really aggravated. I'm going full details for this one.

Problem: Error 001 removal yet causing further problems.

Details: I have wii backup discs/ DVD discs with wii iso game burnt in. I do not have any iso files. Some games have error 001 in them and so I have decided to use MagicISO to make an iso from cd/dvd and open it in Trucha Signer and extract main.dol and load it onto Generic wii Patcher remove error 001, save and replace it on trucha. Then I would use IMGburn or Nero to burn the disc but when entered in the wii, I would receive this message:"An error has occurred please press the eject button and remove the disk. turn the wii console off and refer to the manual". So I consulted forums to figure why was this happening. Then I used EASY MEDIA ROXIO CREATOR to try opening the ISO using Creator classic option and this would appear:"There was an error opening the file". I then thought it was a corruption problem so I consulted GBAtemp and said to use IMGburn to create img file. I did that and used Trucha+Generic Wii Patch method and reburned. Put it into my wii and got: "The system files are corrupted. please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting".

NOTE PLEASE READ: It could also be a bad burn since when I put in a blank disc or whatever it would show freespace: 0 bytes and total space: 0 bytes on My Computer. Could this be the problem?

Can someone find the issue then find a way to resolve it?

Thank you.

12. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
  13. Yurin
    OP

Newcomer Yurin Member

United States
    Please carefully read my post. I mentioned that already. Don't just read the problem that's just the basis the real problem is near the end of the details. Thank you

14. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    .. Does your wii still work when you restart it? That error usually shows when you brick your wii.

15. Yurin
    OP

Newcomer Yurin Member

United States
    Yeah, surprisingly lol. Thank god it didn't though I...think? Iunno I can still see the menu and boots up normally so yeah.

16. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Please clarify what EXACTLY you are doing?

Are you using blank DVD-R's single layer?
    ALL images, meaning each game, should end with .ISO on your computer, is that what you have?
    (example, Wii Sports Resort.ISO Far Cry.ISO also, each ISO should be 4,589,824 kb in size, almost every Wii ISO is.)
    Where did you get these discs that you have now? did you burn them all?
    Its very easy, download a game as a complete ISO, or in parts as rar files. use winrar to reconstruct as an ISO.
    Burn with imageburn at 4X.
    Thats all I do with anything I've downloaded, and I have 100+ games on disc.

17. Yurin
    OP

Newcomer Yurin Member

United States
    Okay:

Are you using blank DVD-R's single layer? Yes
    ALL images, meaning each game, should end with .ISO on your computer, is that what you have? Yes
    (example, Wii Sports Resort.ISO Far Cry.ISO also, each ISO should be 4,589,824 kb in size, almost every Wii ISO is.) Most of them are 4.37 the ones i got (4,699,979,776 bytes)
    Where did you get these discs that you have now? did you burn them all? No did not burn them, I bought them ( Please don't ask why, they work cept for 001)
    Its very easy, download a game as a complete ISO, or in parts as rar files. use winrar to reconstruct as an ISO.
    Burn with imageburn at 4X.
    Thats all I do with anything I've downloaded, and I have 100+ games on disc. Sorry, don't download games. Don't have unlimited internet download and other reasons.

18. Yurin
    OP

Newcomer Yurin Member

United States
    Sorry to double post but can anyone help me...

19. melodical

Member melodical GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Is this the same with compressed/scrubbed/ 0000000000's Removed iso's after extracting????

20. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Why did you ever buy a burned disc? Thats just stupid. And since its very obvious this is piracy, and not even somewhat respectable piracy in the slightest (decided to pay money to some random guy and not to the game developers).... (Even though piracy is not really respectable).

Backups rule though.