ROM Hack Ripping a character model with Ohana3DS, the facial expression textures are missing from the face?

Macaroni

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to export Yew Geneolgia's (from Bravely Default) character model as a .dae file. In the model previewer the only thing out of the ordinary about the model is that the textures used for the facial expressions on the character are missing from the model's face. The facial expression textures are included with the model and have been imported, it's just that I can't figure out how to get it to show up on the model. How do I fix this? I don't plan on animating the characters face, I only need one expression on it. From what I've seen, other models that're ripped from a 3ds that have facial expression textures do not have this problem, such as pokemon models. Have I missed a step? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,312

PkmnTrainerElio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
curiouscat.me
XP
Country
Australia
I'm trying to export Yew Geneolgia's (from Bravely Default) character model as a .dae file. In the model previewer the only thing out of the ordinary about the model is that the textures used for the facial expressions on the character are missing from the model's face. The facial expression textures are included with the model and have been imported, it's just that I can't figure out how to get it to show up on the model. How do I fix this? I don't plan on animating the characters face, I only need one expression on it. From what I've seen, other models that're ripped from a 3ds that have facial expression textures do not have this problem, such as pokemon models. Have I missed a step? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Unfortunately, I am unable to help you, but I also experience this problem.

PkmnTrainerElio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
curiouscat.me
XP
Country
Australia

Back again... After some research, I am only able to help you a bit. But, are the files .lz? If so, download FEAT (Fire Emblem Archive Tool) and Spica. Open FEAT, drag n' drop the model file in to FEAT and it should be extracted in the same folder. Next, open the file in Spica and it should work, if it doesn't then, let me know.

I do wish Ohana3DS would have recognize a bigger range than just Pokémon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun