War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So I just received a text message from a friend I hadn't spoken to in a long time. She said she had something to tell me but she didn't know how to... say it properly, I guess. Anyway, she told me that on Sunday, November 15th, my friend Steven was found dead. He committed suicide... I'm very upset over it... He was pretty much my best friend in 9th and 10th grade. We were always hanging out together, talking about video games, anime, the usual nerdy stuff. He was really kind, funny, and overall just a great person.

When he found out that I would be moving (at the end of 10th grade), he was very upset over it. He did have other friends, but he told me I was his best friend, and he didn't really feel comfortable talking to others. He once told me that his situation at home wasn't that great, and his step-dad was always insulting him and such... I would always try to talk to him and cheer him up, and it seemed to work.

Once I moved, he told me that he had joined both the wrestling team and the swim team. He got into shape, made lots of friends, and I honestly thought he was very happy. I was proud of him, because he was never very outgoing... but it seemed like he had finally broken out of his shell.

We've both been very busy. Him with his sports, and me with all my school work and college applications... so we hadn't really been keeping in touch. And I just found out about what happened to him today... it's just a big shock. He was such a great person, and I really cherished his friendship. This post really does him no justice... it's just that I'm still so shocked that I don't really know what to think.

RIP Steven. I will never forget you.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry for your loss. i guess you can't REALLY know some people... even though i've nearly been in the same situation, i honestly can't say i know where your coming from. i can only imagine. i really admire the fact that you helped him through his hard times... R.I.P

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what to say, but what I do know is atleast you were able to be his friend in life. And you were able to comfort him in his time of need.

I also sounds like he had some sort of a chemical imbalance in his brain that caused him to commit suicide. I mean you truly felt that he had been more outgoing and you felt that he was more happy than he was before. So evidently if he had been perscribed some sort of medicine this could have been all prevented. If its any consolation, Steven (if you are accurate in your statements) would have never done himself in unless something happened in his life that when coupled with the imbalance in his brain gave him a sense of hopelessness that gave him the drive to hurt himself.

I myself have this problem, so I have empathy with people like Steven. And lets hope you remember him 'till your own end of days, and never let anything tarnish those memories!

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about that man, I know a person who commited suicide also. Its an awful thing when someone dies but its even worse when they take their own life because it could have been completely avoidable if the person just got help.

I don't really know what else to say, if you need someone to talk to about it you can talk to me since you have me on FaceBook.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
That stinks
frown.gif

My condolences for you and everyone who's been affected by this.
And as Edgedancer said; don't mourn his death, celebrate his life

D

Deleted_171835

Wow, that's sad. I can imagine how you feel...if that were to happen to one of my friends I would be extremely sad... I give my commiseration.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So sad... Even for a cynic like me I can't make some awkward and rude remark here.

We won't forget him! Sometimes even the best of us fall, it's just unfortunate it had to be, from what briefly read about him, a pretty good guy.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well many people seem happy, but they aren't and sometimes it's just too much and they quit. something the modern society isn't really aware of

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Though i do not have known this person. i know he is onwards to a greater existance.
He Shall Always Live, Death is not the End, Nor is it a Choice you Take.
It's When Time Comes That Fate Shall Decide. And That Fate Has Said they Needed Him for a Greater Existance, Wherever he is, Wherever that person may be, You and Steven are always Connected Beyond the Boundaries of Space and Time.
Well since i don't know what a Condolence is... i shall say this.
You Have my Blessing.
May Space and Time Keep you two Connected in Life.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm feeling a little better now, but it still blows my mind to think that he's just not alive anymore. It really puts things in perspective...

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

I was feeling pretty depressed right now because of what I realized today (no I'm not gay or anything).
Unfortunately, this just made me a touch more depressed because I just realized that my depression < your
cry.gif

For anyone offended by heavenly, holy things, or just religion in general, please do not read the text that is inside the spoiler.
May God be with Steven as we mourn for his death. May Steven rest in peace as we see him move on to the next life. May He bless the hearts of those who were with him in mind, body and spirit.

If Steven is reading this:
QUOTE said:
The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.
(Numbers 6:24–26)

God will take good care of Steven. Grace be with him and with you.

And... I just accidentally yelled at someone who thought he saw smoke coming from my house.
frown.gif

I offer my condolences to you. Hope you never forget him, even when it's time to move on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome