Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"We'll see you soon elsewhere on the Web"

That says it all

Right after that, however, it says the following

"NOA_ANDY"

we can conclude from this that we will never see nsider on thenternet, again.
I concur!

"the forums will be removed from public view."

They will still be there, just in private.
ohmy.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost embarrassed to say that I had 7905 posts there.

I used to mess around there a lot before I got into the flashcarts in January 2007. My time at NSider steadily decreased since I discovered GBAtemp.....from constantly there in January 2007 to practically abandoned now.

Yeah, I used to actually BUY all my games until January. Geez.....what a waste that seems like now. LOL.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost embarrassed to say that I had 7905 posts there.

Nothin' to be embarrassed about.
wink.gif

Despite what "outsiders" might think, NSider had plenty to offer in the way of good game discussion. I'm proof that there were gamers of all ages and walks of life there. Sure, Power On was a bit like the town drunk, but the DS forum, as well as the Review forum, were pretty good places to hang out and talk games. I met a lot of very cool folks there to boot. Luckily through meeting them and becoming part of a Sages / KoH-only community outside of NSider, I was able to stay in contact with many of them -- it was the first place I went to upon reading about the closure.

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
5771 posts O.o
How about a life
tongue.gif
I was just going to quote Linkiboy and say the same thing.

I don't really care that place sucked it was a really big waste of time reading stupid posts. I saw a topic where it said that people can hack your Nintendo Wii if they knew your FC. I was like WTF and people believe it.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure they'll bring the forums back eventually. Those forums hyped many of their games for them and saved them a lot of time on support by peeps getting their questions answered by forum members. I honestly don't think they can just dump the forums permanently without losing something for having done so.

If they DO plan to permanently dump the forums, then Nintendo is dumber than I thought.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure they'll bring the forums back eventually. Those forums hyped many of their games for them and saved them a lot of time on support by peeps getting their questions answered by forum members. I honestly don't think they can just dump the forums permanently without losing something for having done so.

If they DO plan to permanently dump the forums, then Nintendo is dumber than I thought.

Nah, you're absolutely right. They know the value of free market research, and that's exactly what NSider has been for them. Pelord spoke to Andy yesterday (or today -- can't recall), and Andy confirmed that the closing had to do with the move of the online crew from Richmond to NYC. Andy isn't making that move, either. We'll definitely see an online community for Nintendo in the future, though.

Once again, though, if you notice some of the responses on this board (GBATemp) -- "that game sucked balls," "fuck me," and "baton down the hatches" -- you can see why I appreciated NSider. It was a nice change from what I see on most other forums. Sure, it could be restricting, but with that came a lot more productive conversation about games.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure they'll bring the forums back eventually. Those forums hyped many of their games for them and saved them a lot of time on support by peeps getting their questions answered by forum members. I honestly don't think they can just dump the forums permanently without losing something for having done so.

Nah, you're absolutely right. They know the value of free market research, and that's exactly what NSider has been for them. Pelord spoke to Andy yesterday (or today -- can't recall), and Andy confirmed that the closing had to do with the move of the online crew from Richmond to NYC. Andy isn't making that move, either. We'll definitely see an online community for Nintendo in the future, though.

Once again, though, if you notice some of the responses on this board (GBATemp) -- "that game sucked balls," "fuck me," and "baton down the hatches" -- you can see why I appreciated NSider. It was a nice change from what I see on most other forums. Sure, it could be restricting, but with that came a lot more productive conversation about games.
what

the reason i stopped going there is because of the lack of overall intelligence

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Psionic Roshambo only if you're electroboom