RIP My Computer

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Gaisuto, Jan 25, 2007.

Jan 25, 2007

RIP My Computer by Gaisuto at 7:57 PM (671 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Gaisuto
    OP

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    RIP My Computer: Feb. 8th 2004 - Jan. 25th 2007

I remember the day I got it exactly because of the ironic situation of when it showed up. Before anyone says anything. If anyone's been around they may of remembered my posts of my computer's overheating problem. After atleast a week or two of building up, it's finally hit its limit. As of today, it will not even turn on. Unplugging it/plugging it back in, shutting off/on the Surge Protector thingy its in, hitting the hard boot switch on the back of the tower. It won't respond, though everything else is (Router, Printer, ect.)

I'll miss this thing...until I get my new one. But this will be a long few days without it [​IMG]

2. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I can remember the day my PC died. Cue me running about saying, "SHIT SHIT SHIT". It was a PC bought in 2004 and the cause was the motherboard burning out last autumn. Luckily the HDD was okay so I bought the IDE device to connect it to a USB to my laptop and it was only yesterday that I managed to transfer all the contents to my laptop.

3. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    At the moment I'm booting my PC with a SuSE Linux 9.0 installation CD... He doesn't find a bootable device otherwise... [​IMG] I wonder how much longer it'll work like this. Something's wrong but I don't really know what... Probably my olde HDD almost dying.