RIP Left Joy Con, you Ridiculously Fragile Plastic Beauty

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by coon-strudel, May 4, 2018.

1. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    Since your friend broke it he/she should buy you a new joycon.... Thats only fair.

2. coon-strudel
    OP

coon-strudel That one weird Furry Artist

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    I told him it was alright. Maybe I'll just buy a Pro Controller instead. Saves me from being afraid of breaking the Joy Cons.

windhazard likes this.
  3. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    Update!: Using the parts from an older jungle green Joy Con that I bought broken a month or two ago, my friend and I were able to fully repair it! So now the SL and SR buttons are a neat black instead of red, and somehow input lag has decreased. But my gosh, the two wires that connect were so picky about the EXACT placement that it took us 3 hours to just get the cords in, screw everything back up, and seeing poor results again and again. I'm not joking when I say we took it apart and put it back together at least 30 times. But Huzzah! We did it. Time to buy some protectors and extra straps as suggested. Since I'm admittedly paranoid about having to go through that again, I'll be playing in docked mode until the next Direct in.. July right?

PS, I'll be posting pictures soon. :)

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  4. The_Baron

The_Baron Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United States
    That's awesome! Please post photos when you get the chance :)

5. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    Dunno if it's okay to update on a post that's so old, but I have a new update. With picturrres, as promised.
    I totally didn't forget this thread existed. lol

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  6. cash00bi

cash00bi Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2019
    Poland
    I accidentaly broke my 2 JoyCons a bit. Wanted to replace the ribbon wire, ended up breaking the clasp. It takes time getting used to these things.