Rip ISO from disc to hard drive?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cheez203, Mar 26, 2010.

1. cheez203
    OP

cheez203 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2010
    Canada
    Hi Guys.

I download The Conduit and burnt it to a backup disc and deleted the iso from my hardrive after. Is their a way i can copy the iso from the disc back to my hard drive? Windows Doesnt show the iso file at all. Thanks in advance!

2. Fluganox

Fluganox GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2009
    England
    Unless you have a certain drive (can't think of the name off the top of my head, LG something) no computer can understand a back-up once its been burnt. The only way to get it back is to dump it using your Wii, by either USB loader or SuperDump etc.

3. rip-it-up

rip-it-up GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2009
    manchester
    i thought you could use raw dump2.0 with any burnt disc, you just need the lg drive if you wanna rip a retail game,
    i might be wrong though as i have a lg drive so i never have issues.

4. longtom1

longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    Wii backup manager for windows or imgburn will make a iso from a burned disk

5. cheez203
    OP

cheez203 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks For your answers! Device Manager says i have a hl-dt-st-dvd+-RW GSAh31n drive. What company made that drive? Device Manager just says (Standard CD-ROM drives) under Manufacturer. Can anyone help me or post a link that can help me figure out what kind of drive that is? Thanks in advance!

6. madtamski

madtamski GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2008
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK
    IMGBurn can also create an ISO from a backup wii disk

7. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    Only 5 kinds of LG drives can read Wii originals, but all drives read backups (not a surprise knowing that every drive can burn backups [​IMG])

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice