Hacking Rinnegatamante on Twitter: "… Dreamcast Emulator...

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I happen to own a PSvita TV - so playing these games on a large TV and with the Dual Shock 4 ( with zero to no input lag) is honestly just as good as playing them at the arcade.
Yeah, I have PSTV too, but if you're using a DS4 (or DS3 for that matter) there's definitely very noticable input delay compared to a regular Vita. It became very apparent to me while playing Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade - they're virtually unplayable on PSTV due to the input delay, but are fine on a regular Vita.

Reactions: SuperDan

pharredd22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hhmmm I might have to check it out - I'm surprised that the ps1 could handle that game perfectly because the saturn needed 16 meg cart just to run marvel vs street fighter .

The PFBA or now the new PFBN runs all the Neo Geo and Capcom fighting games perfectly. so basically all of the old school fighting games - from KOF94 all the way to KOF 2003 and from street fighter one all the way to Super street fighter 2 turbo.

I happen to own a PSvita TV - so playing these games on a large TV and with the Dual Shock 4 ( with zero to no input lag) is honestly just as good as playing them at the arcade.

Does PFBN run third strike well? I remember trying out PFBN but they removed the frame skip functionality which PFBA had and without it Third Strike ran too slow.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does PFBN run third strike well? I remember trying out PFBN but they removed the frame skip functionality which PFBA had and without it Third Strike ran too slow.
I think 3rd strike was playing slow on Retroarch also.. It's been a while tho.. Might be worth trying out again...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://www.arcadepunks.com/ps-vita-ultimate-retro-pack-from-crazymac-fully-load-your-vita-now/

I think 3rd strike was playing slow on Retroarch also.. It's been a while tho.. Might be worth trying out again...

https://www.arcadepunks.com/ps-vita-ultimate-retro-pack-from-crazymac-fully-load-your-vita-now/
These guys have the full 200 gig Retroarch set up.. Mine is 9 gig.. Just imagine how many I games I wouldn't play... I hardly touch my retro games much these days

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One of the reasons why I've yet to install PFBN is because I'm unsure if it will replace my PFBA emulator by default.
But to answer your question about SF3TS - I have lolita (similar to lol icon) app that makes the vita run everything faster and 3rd strike with PFBA runs with perfect sound but somewhat stable 50 FPS if you skip 2 frames I believe - It's honestly playable imo not perfect of course, but enough so that I can still have fun with it and care to beat the game. (final boss is cheap btw)

Yeah, I have PSTV too, but if you're using a DS4 (or DS3 for that matter) there's definitely very noticable input delay compared to a regular Vita. It became very apparent to me while playing Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade - they're virtually unplayable on PSTV due to the input delay, but are fine on a regular Vita.

I don't mean to rag on your TV or set up - but I happen to have a ks8000samsung tv that has very , very little input lag and I bought this tv especially for fighting games - and I can actually do all the difficult combos and play golf type of games with no issues. (actually at first - I noticed that I kept dropping combos or metal slug felt way off- like my jumps where not being timed right and kept dying ) - but I discovered game mode was off when I switched hmdi inputs for my Ps vita TV.

Last edited by dragonz,

F3NR1S

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it that no one mentioned SVC Chaos?, also there a few other “Marvel vs Capcom” games that didn’t share that title, Marvel or Xmen vs Street Fighter I think

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it that no one mentioned SVC Chaos?, also there a few other “Marvel vs Capcom” games that didn’t share that title, Marvel or Xmen vs Street Fighter I think

I mean SVC Chaos never released in the dreamcast (or did it?) And it wasn't well balanced or critically praised or anything like that - I actually happen to like it, mind you - but hey - this game is properly emulated on PFBA and it runs perfect already on the vita.

Actually, all marvel vs street fighter games and marvel vs capcom one are available to play with PFBA at perfect speeds... So I believe the hype of the thread is the possibilities of Marvel vs capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK2 and of course the dreamcast emulation and the vast ammount of games that the DC has.

Besides mvc2 or CVS2 - I happen to be excited about skies of arcadia.

I wonder if the new Dreamcast emulator for Vita will take advantage of CoreUnlocker80000H.skprx
or if it already is - this actually gives me hope that it will run games really good.

F3NR1S

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean SVC Chaos never released in the dreamcast (or did it?) And it wasn't well balanced or critically praised or anything like that - I actually happen to like it, mind you - but hey - this game is properly emulated on PFBA and it runs perfect already on the vita.

Actually, all marvel vs street fighter games and marvel vs capcom one are available to play with PFBA at perfect speeds... So I believe the hype of the thread is the possibilities of Marvel vs capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK2 and of course the dreamcast emulation and the vast ammount of games that the DC has.

I wonder if the new Dreamcast emulator for Vita will take advantage of CoreUnlocker80000H.skprx
or if it already is - this actually gives me hope that it will run games really good.

My bad I should’ve specified that they ran on PFBA and Retroarch[emoji28]

pharredd22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One of the reasons why I've yet to install PFBN is because I'm unsure if it will replace my PFBA emulator by default.
But to answer your question about SF3TS - I have lolita (similar to lol icon) app that makes the vita run everything faster and 3rd strike with PFBA runs with perfect sound but somewhat stable 50 FPS if you skip 2 frames I believe - It's honestly playable imo not perfect of course, but enough so that I can still have fun with it and care to beat the game. (final boss is cheap btw)

I installed PFBN before but I can't remember if it replaced PFBA or not. But I do remember it being not as good at emulating 3rd strike because it didn't have frameskip which is a necessity as you mentioned. I find frame skip 1 good enough. I use psvshell personally for overclocking and it is definitely playable enough.

I too am hoping for this (skies of arcadia). Never got around to finishing it so having it on the vita might actually encourage me to do so.

The coreunlocker plugin is definitely something to look forward to. It definitely raises the Vita's emulation potential if it can be implemented.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed PFBN before but I can't remember if it replaced PFBA or not. But I do remember it being not as good at emulating 3rd strike because it didn't have frameskip which is a necessity as you mentioned. I find frame skip 1 good enough. I use psvshell personally for overclocking and it is definitely playable enough.

I too am hoping for this (skies of arcadia). Never got around to finishing it so having it on the vita might actually encourage me to do so.

The coreunlocker plugin is definitely something to look forward to. It definitely raises the Vita's emulation potential if it can be implemented.
That core unlocker sounds good I had a big read of it.. Skies of A.. Was a really good rpg... I quite liked Power stone... I remember finishing Shenmue 1 & 2... 2 twice probably I loved that game so bad... Back then... Draconus was my favorite DC game.. Everyone went nuts for the sonic games and they was good.. I was never a sonic fan back then.... But me and my older brother got very hooked on Hidden & Dangerous... Played it over and over... Was/is a great amry sim

Last edited by SuperDan,

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rinnegatamante already answered that and the answer is no. The emulator only uses 2 or 3 cores. The fourth is not needed.
Not sure what to make of this. I mean is the fourth not needed because it's to late to use it since the emulator is already built
or is the fourth not needed because the emulator only requires 2-3 cores? I thought the more the merrier - LOL

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Probs said no because it not been implemented. (hope it does)

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what to make of this. I mean is the fourth not needed because it's to late to use it since the emulator is already built
or is the fourth not needed because the emulator only requires 2-3 cores? I thought the more the merrier - LOL
The core unlocker is still in " IF " mode ...........

Hopefully he wont need it he also hate the CBS kids who ever they are .. the flood his VitaDB all the time ...

Probs said no because it not been implemented. (hope it does)
The Guy is a Legend in our Hacking World not just in Vita but in many many other consoles too ... if anyone can its the Wizard
Rinnegatamante,....

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't mean to rag on your TV or set up - but I happen to have a ks8000samsung tv that has very , very little input lag and I bought this tv especially for fighting games - and I can actually do all the difficult combos and play golf type of games with no issues. (actually at first - I noticed that I kept dropping combos or metal slug felt way off- like my jumps where not being timed right and kept dying ) - but I discovered game mode was off when I switched hmdi inputs for my Ps vita TV.

I can understand why you might think that, but no - I too have a decent tv (Sony Bravia) that has extremely low latency in gamemode. My connected retro (ie, not natively HD) systems (Gamecube, Dreamcast, NeoGeoCD, Megadrive/MegaCD, MasterSystem, SNES, N64) have no discernible input delay. The only system connected (out of 15 total systems) that has obvious input delay is the PSTV when using a wirelessly connected dualshock pad. It's especially noticeable when playing anything I've grown used to playing on my PSV1000.
Not saying your TV is worse or mine is better, just that the PSTV (in my experience) has the worst input delay I've experienced on any system in my setup. It's still an absolutely awesome device, but I tend to only play titles on mine that don't require the same precise timing of inputs that things like fighting games do.
It performs as expected using either my wired Hori Fighting Commader Pro or Madcatz Fightpad (but the fact that they're wired ends up with them dragging the tiny PSTV all over the room) - it's just the dualshocks that have the lag.

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand why you might think that, but no - I too have a decent tv (Sony Bravia) that has extremely low latency in gamemode. My connected retro (ie, not natively HD) systems (Gamecube, Dreamcast, NeoGeoCD, Megadrive/MegaCD, MasterSystem, SNES, N64) have no discernible input delay. The only system connected (out of 15 total systems) that has obvious input delay is the PSTV when using a wirelessly connected dualshock pad. It's especially noticeable when playing anything I've grown used to playing on my PSV1000.
Not saying your TV is worse or mine is better, just that the PSTV (in my experience) has the worst input delay I've experienced on any system in my setup. It's still an absolutely awesome device, but I tend to only play titles on mine that don't require the same precise timing of inputs that things like fighting games do.
It performs as expected using either my wired Hori Fighting Commader Pro or Madcatz Fightpad (but the fact that they're wired ends up with them dragging the tiny PSTV all over the room) - it's just the dualshocks that have the lag.

I have not come across any game that is "virtually unplayable on PSTV due to the input delay" , but I also have yet to play that zen pinball game that you are talking about and I don't own an actual vita so I'm pretty sure you are onto something or this could be a subjective truth. For your reference I have the PS4 pro DS4 and a PSvita TV that I bought back in 2017 ( I'm unsure if they made different model or version other than the JP version) And what's the name of the zenpinall game? - I could test it with my set up and see how unplayable it is - lol.

- But anyhow back on topic I'm really , really hyped for this dreamcast emulator and of course Power Stone 2 - My second favorite game on the dream cast :)

Reactions: SuperDan and duwen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu