Hacking Rinnegatamante on Twitter: "… Dreamcast Emulator...

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly think - the most I've ever been impressed with games is when I first saw soul calibur 2 on dream cast - going from playstation one graphics to dream cast graphics at that calibur ( ;) )
was something amazing - and not to mention the loading times and excellent sound for that game. not the ps3 or the ps4 or even ps5 has impressed me that much - the leap was just so huge in me eyes.

Last edited by dragonz,
Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly think - the most I've ever been impressed with games is when I first saw soul calibur 2 on dream cast - going from playstation one graphics to dream cast graphics at that calibur ( ;) )
was something amazing - and not to mention the loading times and excellent sound for that game. not the ps3 or the ps4 or even ps5 has impressed me that much - the leap was just so huge in me eyes.
I feel the same at the time the Dreamcast was waaay ahead of its time... Everyone would mention the graphics looking crispy when we was playing ps2 back then.. Especially on Shenmue & Draconus.. Soul Caliber also.. MSR Street Racing was amazing driving around actual streets of my hometown London... & you could play online too ( which I admit I never did)... I think it was one of my 1st consoles to have bootleg games I eventually had a shoe box full... Sadly my laser died on my DC after a few years... Thank God for emulators I found Redream was the best so far

Last edited by SuperDan,

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i still own 2 dreamcast,1 with usb gdrom and 1 with the new mode.
never tryed emulator for dreamcast cause i still play on my real hardware,but nice job.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still own 2 dreamcast,1 with usb gdrom and 1 with the new mode.
never tryed emulator for dreamcast cause i still play on my real hardware,but nice job.
I bet I could find one cheap on eBay... I remember seeing a Chinese fake mod console which was a Dreamcast in a case with a screen..

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Discord message with download links + installation instructions (First in a series): https://discordapp.com/channels/601683789655179264/601735049670295555/730787821593428009
Great information mate I will try this after work... Did u try it yourself yet? I'm actually kijnda concerned myself as I couldn't get AVP port working this weekend... Is did everything he said I did the PSM 2.1 and made the thing with Sharkfood... libshacccg.suprx .. But No matter what I always get a black screen with sound only.. Which means libshacccg.suprx.. Isn't working the way it should.... & I will need it for Flycast.....

Last edited by SuperDan,

jeferey

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes I have tried and it works well, just install the PSM Runtime 2.01 & ShaRKF00D since the port makes use of runtime shader compilation. (ur0:data/libshacccg.suprx)
2d games works fine mvsc2 and capcomVSsnk2 30 fps!
3D games work but need more improvements.
Many thanks a Rinnegatamante for this effort développement in vita!
60 fps with mr driller, 30fps dinamyte cop.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did all that mate !! 3 or 4 times yest .............. all looked perfect all worked too except .. i think my

libshacccg.suprx

didnt convert properly as AvP never loads with graphics and in my urX Data i have a AvP log ..which says vertex shader didn't work hence that libshacccg.suprx isnt working ...

also i read through all the comments on Twitter with people having the same issue most everything points to libshacccg.suprx not working for one reason or another .. im not sure why isnt ?

Last edited by SuperDan,

jeferey

Trophies
XP
Country
France
didnt convert properly as AvP never loads with graphics and in my urX Data i have a AvP log ..which says vertex shader didn't work hence that libshacccg.suprx isnt working ...

also i read through all the comments on Twitter with people having the same issue most everything points to libshacccg.suprx not working for one reason or another .. im not sure why isnt ?
[/QUOTE]

i don't know just try flycast

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I don't believe Soulcalibur 2 was ever released for DreamCast, I'm sure you're just talking about Soulcalibur.

F3NR1S

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did all that mate !! 3 or 4 times yest .............. all looked perfect all worked too except .. i think my

libshacccg.suprx

Did you install the runtimes in order??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released