Translation Riivolution patch: Earth Seeker English translation for Wii (100%)

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Regarding the 3rd way of patching the iso, after the input of the first command in the dos window and the creation of the "DUMP" folder, 2 new folders (inside the "DUMP" folder) are created. The one is called "DATA" and the other one is called "UPDATE". In which folder do I copy the files from the patch?
Copy them in the data folder. The update folder is not needed, it used to update the Wii system from the disc when the console still got updates, and has no connection with the games' files.

Reactions: gartzo

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Which method did you use to make the ISO? I used Method 3 from a redump verified ISO and my hash is 547463361f294e73130872ca1b6c1ad1
from original (redump) EARTHSEEKER.iso MD5: 92f0e8a6890f5b765982b8f3c427b163
by using wit-v3.04a-r8427-cygwin64 and following instructions of method #3.Use Wiimms ISO tool (faster)
i also got patched ENGLISH.iso MD5: 547463361f294e73130872ca1b6c1ad1

PS: patch was V0203 (lower case) Earth Seeker English Patch

Last edited by r1vver,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody,

So, a little bit of news regarding "Earth Seeker" : as some of you might know, it was released alongside a Dsiware called "Odekake! Earth Seeker", which was exclusive to Japan, and therefore never got any translation either.

While I currently am working on another Wii game (Chibi-Robo), I did a few tests anyway, and think I can overcome the difficulties with this game, thus achieving complete translation of the Earth Seeker series.

Please find below a few screenshots : I don't know when it will be released (not much to translate, but the pictures are kinda harder than Wii because it's "tile-organized", so to speak, but I'll definitely give it some thoughts!

So expect a little update for the Wii game to be released as well, depending on how well the translation for the connection part was done (didn't have any context by the time).

Yours truly!

ES02.png

ES00.png

ES01.png

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Good evening,

The "ODEKAKE" patch is almost complete, as evidenced by the video below :

I shall release a slightly modified version of 2.03 patch for Wii as well, considering I had to add a few changes after testing the connectivity between the Wii and DSi games.

This will be called "ODEKAKE edition", and if you don't intend to play the DSiware, you won't need to upgrade your current patch/iso.

I'll let you know about the download link when I'm done with beta testing, but I'll try to do it before I go on holidays for a week.

Good night you all!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

I submitted the "Odekake edition" of the Earth Seeker patch for Wii at Romhacking today.

If everything goes right, it should be online within a few days, but if you want to stay up-to-date, I updated the link at the first page of this thread.

Remember this patch is only useful if you want to try "Odekake" for DSi (the patch will be online very soon as well) : rest of the game is totally untouched.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello. I see that you are playing on a 3DS in the ODEKAKE video, would we just patch the .nds file and convert it to .cia for the 3DS?
Hi @drummy , I'm playing on a 3ds indeed (ain't this Snes themed New 3ds a beauty by the way? I think so. ;))

Actually, to play the Dsiware, you'll have to use Nds Bootstrap by @RocketRobz.

This is, as far as I'm concerned, the only way (I tried to use No$GBA for emulation, but got stuck at the title screen, which I'll make sure tu specify in the readme).

But as someone in the Youtube comments rightly noted, this makes it possible for 3ds users to play the game : no need to own a Dsi!

AND, what's great is that the Wii only needs to be connected on the same Wifi system to recognize the game : it doesn't rely on Nintendo servers whatsoever!

I'm working on the readme today, and will try to make the "how to" part as clear as possible.

Have a nice day!

Reactions: swosho and drummy

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @drummy , I'm playing on a 3ds indeed (ain't this Snes themed New 3ds a beauty by the way? I think so. ;))

Actually, to play the Dsiware, you'll have to use Nds Bootstrap by @RocketRobz.
I'm not the main developer of nds-bootstrap, only been a contributor to it. :P

Also, any reason why it wouldn't work as a CIA?
Luma already patches out the checks that'd only allow official DSiWare titles to be played (which as a result, allows TWiLight Menu++ to be launched).

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I'm not the main developer of nds-bootstrap, only been a contributor to it. :P

Also, any reason why it wouldn't work as a CIA?
Luma already patches out the checks that'd only allow official DSiWare titles to be played (which as a result, allows TWiLight Menu++ to be launched).
Oh! That's something I'll have to check before I release the patch! Might delay it a bit, but it's worth a try! Thank you for letting me know!

Reactions: RocketRobz

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
@RocketRobz , just a quick question if I may bother you a bit more? Are we talking about converting to CIA, or making a CIA forwarder? I'm looking on the Internet, and people are leaving contradictory comments about the conversion being possible or not?

I believe a forwarder would be nice, but users would rather convert the game entirely.

Yours truly.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RocketRobz , just a quick question if I may bother you a bit more? Are we talking about converting to CIA, or making a CIA forwarder? I'm looking on the Internet, and people are leaving contradictory comments about the conversion being possible or not?

I believe a forwarder would be nice, but users would rather convert the game entirely.

Yours truly.
We're talking about converting a DSiWare .nds file to a CIA file, although creating a forwarder for the .nds file on the SD is possible as well, if one wants to use the nds-bootstrap in-game menu features.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Alright, my "Odekake" patch zipped file just go rejected because of the "copyrighted artworks" in the readme (never happened before).

I'll be away for a few day, and don't have time to redo the process with a simplified readme, so I'm leaving a Google Drive link for people who want to try the patch:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bFpio_fXQfq1wPGTIDCGsHWSCUPUcUMZ/view?usp=sharing

(first page updated as well)

I'll see to put the patch on Romhacking when I'm back.

Have a nice holiday!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
This time the patch got accepted on Romhacking! I had to create a simplified readme without any artworks, but I left the google drive download link in it, so people can still get a glimpse of it! (some have said they liked it very much, so...)

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6612/

bamcclure96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if someone has already asked this question:

Does anybody have an already english-converted iso of Earth Seeker they wouldn't mind sending me? I would be so so so appreciative if someone could.

I've had a very difficult time converting my existing iso to english per the guide's instructions. The instructions are fine and easy to follow, but my wiimm tool keeps popping up with an error that I cannot seem to reslove when replacing all of the necessary language files. within the disc image.

I will literally send my email to anyone who's willing to help me.

Thanks!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Apologies if someone has already asked this question:

Does anybody have an already english-converted iso of Earth Seeker they wouldn't mind sending me? I would be so so so appreciative if someone could.

I've had a very difficult time converting my existing iso to english per the guide's instructions. The instructions are fine and easy to follow, but my wiimm tool keeps popping up with an error that I cannot seem to reslove when replacing all of the necessary language files. within the disc image.

I will literally send my email to anyone who's willing to help me.

Thanks!
Hello, what is the error message you get? If I'm following you correctly you managed to extract the files with WIT, and the issue happens when you try to use the "copy" feature? Please let me know and have a nice day!

bamcclure96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, what is the error message you get? If I'm following you correctly you managed to extract the files with WIT, and the issue happens when you try to use the "copy" feature? Please let me know and have a nice day!
Hi!

The error I get is "Error 76".

Inside my "bin" folder, I type "CMD" into file explorer

The command menu pops up and I type "wit EXTRACT EARTHSEEKER.iso DUMP"

This is how I get my error message.

I've tried changing the extraction file path with the "cd" command, and setting it to the exact location of my iso. This does not seem to fix anything, and I still get the same "Error 76" message.

Thanks

bamcclure96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried a 4th time to get this to work following the "method 3" instructions on pages 9-11, and with my third different ISO file. Every time it makes a bad partition according to WIIScrubber. Can someone who has successfully made this please take pity upon me via PM?
I've had the same issue. Would you be able to point me in th direction that you found yours at?

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hi!

The error I get is "Error 76".

Inside my "bin" folder, I type "CMD" into file explorer

The command menu pops up and I type "wit EXTRACT EARTHSEEKER.iso DUMP"

This is how I get my error message.

I've tried changing the extraction file path with the "cd" command, and setting it to the exact location of my iso. This does not seem to fix anything, and I still get the same "Error 76" message.

Thanks
Hello,

Since "error 76" means it can't open the file, I suggest you might either be in a directory that can limit access to software (Windows\System32 folder, for example, is typically a bad choice to store iso since it can trigger Windows access limitations), or has a long path that WIT might have issues to "read" (try putting your "bin" folder at the root of your disk).

Or it can simply be that your file name is different! Any space between "earth" and "seeker", maybe? Sometimes it's as simple as that!

To ensure wit is correctly installed on your disk, just type "wit" (without quotation marks) in your command menu : you should get the following screen :
Capture.JPG

Please try to move your folder and rename your iso, and let us know!

Yours truly.

bamcclure96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Since "error 76" means it can't open the file, I suggest you might either be in a directory that can limit access to software (Windows\System32 folder, for example, is typically a bad choice to store iso since it can trigger Windows access limitations), or has a long path that WIT might have issues to "read" (try putting your "bin" folder at the root of your disk).

Or it can simply be that your file name is different! Any space between "earth" and "seeker", maybe? Sometimes it's as simple as that!

To ensure wit is correctly installed on your disk, just type "wit" (without quotation marks) in your command menu : you should get the following screen :
View attachment 321220

Yours truly.
It is in windows 32!
Hello,

View attachment 321220

Yours truly.
Okay, I just tried moving the bin folder to the root of my disc. That didn't work unfortunately, so I also tried moving my bin folder to the root of different disc. I unfortunately had the same result.

I also tried moving the Wiimm Tools directory to a different disc. This did not work unfortunately.

My Earth Seeker iso is named "EARTHSEEKER.iso" (wihtout quotation marks) and is located in the bin folder.

I tried changing my Earth Seeker iso file name to "EARTHSEEKER" (without the ".iso" extension. This unfortunately did not change anything.

I just checked, and yes, wit is installed correctly. I did get the following screen.

Unfortunately none of these attempts worked.

My very last attempt will be to download a different iso and try all of these steps one more time.

If none of that works then I think I will give up on playing it.

Thanks for all of your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone