Translation Riivolution patch: Earth Seeker English translation for Wii (100%)

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hi, have you looked at Yakuza 1 and 2 HD? It would nice to have translation for that game. With your 2 project, i i feel like you are the one i could put my faith into :)
Hello, and thank you for your trust !

I have never translated any game outside of Wii games (with the noticeable exception of a SNES game in my teens, to see "if I could do it"), and right now I'm focused on that console.

Maybe when I don't find any Wii game I feel confident to translate, or want to, will I look at other systems to see if it's doable for me, but for now I'm on a third Wii project. :)

Anyway, thank you for your message, I'm keeping your suggestion in my mind for the future.

Have a nice day !

Reactions: Milozaki and Nomado

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Hello, and thank you for your trust !

I have never translated any game outside of Wii games (with the noticeable exception of a SNES game in my teens, to see "if I could do it"), and right now I'm focused on that console.

Maybe when I don't find any Wii game I feel confident to translate, or want to, will I look at other systems to see if it's doable for me, but for now I'm on a third Wii project. :)

Anyway, thank you for your message, I'm keeping your suggestion in my mind for the future.

Have a nice day !
Thanks, Looking forward to your 3rd game. I wonder what that game would be? Maybe zangeki no reginleiv? XD

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Xunga's review of my Earth Seeker patch on Romhacking :
https://www.romhacking.net/reviews/5693/#review

"The translation of the game is well done and could have perfectly been the official localization of the game."

That's one of the nicest things I've ever been told ! :wub:
It truly is something. Never thought I would get to see the translation of the game even when I was hoping Operation Rainfall would include this one whilst playing through Xenoblade in 2011.
Really thankful for the translation. Now only if Yakuza HD 1&2 received same treatment :P Wishful thinking doesn't hurt people say?

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Reactions: zfreeman

domjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im sorry but i dont fully understand your instructions or its just not working for me. how do i patch this game to get the translation to work?..I tried your recommend way method 3 but when i follow your instructions. this happens.

wit: Wiimms ISO Tool v3.02a r7679 cygwin - Dirk Clemens - 2018-11-23 *****
!! wit: ERROR #76 [CAN'T OPEN FILE] in SetupReadSF() @ src/lib-sf.c#447
!! Can't open file: EARTHSEEKER.iso

domjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i managed to extract the iso but im stuck again. I have replaced the files in both folders sys and files in your instructions. and i need to do the last step on the cmd but its not working. my cmd reads

G:\emu\wii-cube\WIT-patching games\bin> (I follow your instructions and type) "wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso" press enter and i get this
'"wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I tried typing wit press tab.. wit changes to wit.exe then typing it again "wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso" and it still not working. i get this messege...

"wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso"
!! wit: ERROR #108 [SYNTAX ERROR] in PrintKeywordError() @ ./dclib/dclib-basics.c#3927
!! Unknown command: wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso
-> Type 'wit -h' or 'wit help' (pipe it to a pager like 'less') for more help.

how do i do this last step. please someone explain.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Ok i managed to extract the iso but im stuck again. I have replaced the files in both folders sys and files in your instructions. and i need to do the last step on the cmd but its not working. my cmd reads

G:\emu\wii-cube\WIT-patching games\bin> (I follow your instructions and type) "wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso" press enter and i get this
'"wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I tried typing wit press tab.. wit changes to wit.exe then typing it again "wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso" and it still not working. i get this messege...

"wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso"
!! wit: ERROR #108 [SYNTAX ERROR] in PrintKeywordError() @ ./dclib/dclib-basics.c#3927
!! Unknown command: wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso
-> Type 'wit -h' or 'wit help' (pipe it to a pager like 'less') for more help.

how do i do this last step. please someone explain.
Hello. This is gonna sound silly, but did you give your decompressed files folder a different name? For example if your files are in a folder named " game", then you have to type "wit copy game English.iso". Oh, and make sure the "dump"/"game" folder is in the "bin " folder where wit.exe is, otherwise it won't find it. Please let me know. Have a nice day.

domjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No. I got it to work though. I had to use a different command.. You're instructions say to type "wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso" but in my case it was without wit.. so none of the commands in you're instructions worked, and for someone that has never used this wit program before. All I had to go on was those instructions but they where not working in my case. Luckly i got some help on the dolphin discord and they explaind it to me ..so i managed to do it in the end...that was the only problem I faced getting this to work. everything els in your instructions for the method with replacing files and system folder was understandable and I could follow that correctly. Only tested it out to see if it worked and it does. You did a fantastic job 2 on this and I'm looking forward to Finally playing this game.. I waited like 5 years for this. lol

Last edited by domjam,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
No. I got it to work though. I had to use a different command.. You're instructions say to type "wit COPY DUMP ENGLISH.iso" but in my case it was without wit.. so none of the commands in you're instructions worked, and for someone that has never used this wit program before. All I had to go on was those instructions but they where not working in my case. Luckly i got some help on the dolphin discord and they explaind it to me ..so i managed to do it in the end...that was the only problem I faced getting this to work. everything els in your instructions for the method with replacing files and system folder was understandable and I could follow that correctly. Only tested it out to see if it worked and it does. You did a fantastic job 2 on this and I'm looking forward to Finally playing this game.. I waited like 5 years for this. lol
Glad you could make it, although I'm actually surprised the "wit" part was unnecessary to you. Well, all is well that ends well, thank you for your compliments ! :D

jayofmaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bit late, but thank you! Bought an import this game a few years ago without checking if there was an English patch, so it has been sitting under my bed gathering dust. Now I can finally play it! Looks like you have done a fantastic job, too. Thank you again.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

In case any of you had missed it, I just wanted to warn you that my latest project (in collaboration with @Kaiser_Gummi ) has been released, and that “Zangeki No Reginleiv” is finally available in English!

You’ll find the video with the download links below: in case you have any difficulties getting the videos, the links under the description should work too, and if you meet any other obstacle, please leave a message here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/riivolution-patch-zangeki-no-reginleiv-translation-for-wii.578575/

I guess this is all for now! My next project is a Wiiware, so the patching instructions will be a bit different.

It’s still very early, but the game seems to have silly humor in it (which I’ll try to adapt my best, considering the limited amount of characters I’ll have).

I’ll leave you with an example and a screenshot to guess… Let’s meet again in a few months!

Screenshot:
fj0Bwr8.png

Japanese dialog:

“じゃ、あんたはただの暴徒じゃない!”

(“Then you’re just a mob!”)

(暴徒 for “boto” = ”mob”)

“…な、何言ってやがる! 俺はボートでもヨットでもねェ!”

(“What do you mean? I’m not -on- a boat or a yacht!”)

(ボート for “bōto” = “boat”)

Translation:

“Then you’re just a mob!”

“… What do you mean? You take me for a broom!”

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

Like some of you had it guessed already, my next project will be a Wiiware!

So, I've created a new thread which you can check at the following address:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/line-attack-heroes-english-translation-for-wii.586680/

As you can see, it's going very well so far, but I'll probably hit a wall with some names and sentences that will have to be heavily rephrased... well anyway, enjoy this first glimpse for the time being, everybody has a nice WE.

Earth_Seeker_Fan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translation is great, thank you! I was using a real Wii and Game Disk and had no issue with installation method #1. Just drag and drop the files. I appreciated the nice instruction/game overview PDF, really professional.

gartzo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Regarding the 3rd way of patching the iso, after the input of the first command in the dos window and the creation of the "DUMP" folder, 2 new folders (inside the "DUMP" folder) are created. The one is called "DATA" and the other one is called "UPDATE". In which folder do I copy the files from the patch?

Last edited by gartzo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park...