Translation Riivolution patch: Earth Seeker English translation for Wii (100%)

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used Teconmoons WiiVC injector on patched ISO to make a wiiu VC from this?
If so, what options would I choose in 'Gamepad emulation mode' to just run from the gamepad?
:)

Lol I meant: 'to just CONTROL from the gamepad' but thanks matto21

Last edited by fatherjack, , Reason: Ambiguous me!

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Has anyone used Teconmoons WiiVC injector on patched ISO to make a wiiu VC from this?
If so, what options would I choose in 'Gamepad emulation mode' to just run from the gamepad?
:)
Force Classic Controller Connected
turn off the TV
or while you play, watch another program on TV

Last edited by matto21,

Kaed393

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It worked on Wii U v5.5.3U vWii console. It worked all the time, the problem was the user (me) lawl.
Thank you very much for all your help, mostly for matto21, thanks buddy =)

M8gbNXw.jpg

marmalade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When booting Earth Seeker message to attach nunchuck with wiimote is in gibberish non japanese or english

My ISO translated with Wiimms ISO tool

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
When booting Earth Seeker message to attach nunchuck with wiimote is in gibberish non japanese or english

My ISO translated with Wiimms ISO tool
I think that happens with every japanese game running on a non-japanese console, am I right ?

Got the same result with my Ikenie, Fatal Frame, Zangeki game etc., so I went to the conclusion that the message was in the console system, not ingame.

Hope you enjoy the game apart from that small "issue", if that can be considered one :)

Reactions: zfreeman

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your reply! I'm patiently waiting, because that's all I can do now (an generally a good advise when it comes to hacking).

I have some Ikenie patch files for riivolution as well as the english script. All that was taken from different internet sources, so you probably have them, too. Sadly I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to hacking / programming, but since no one else seem to dive into Ikenie, I thought "why not try". So I finally bought the game and when it arrives, I'll do my worst ;)

Hello everyone,

I hope everybody is well, considering the circumstances…

Just wanted to tell you that I released a new translation for another “Japan exclusive” Wii game : this one is particularly for you, Ecto.

So if you want to give it a try and / or give me some feedback, please feel free to download my “IKENIE NO YORU” translation patch at the following address:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/riivolution-patch-ikenie-no-yoru-english-translation-for-wii-100.561324/

Hope you’ ll like it, and take care.

Brand Newman

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
@Brand Newman

Nice work,
Could you hint me where to look to learn translate this stuff?

I am interested in translate a "simple" title: And Kensaku
[/QUOTE]
Hello and thank you for your message !

Well... the thing is every game is a bit different, but you must start by extracting the files the way I tell you in the README, then look for japanese with an Hex editor (I personally like MadEdit, but there are others).

Remember that your text can be in various files (but mainly "bin", to my experience), and can be coded in "SHIFT-JIS", "UTF-16BE", or many other ways ! It can even be compressed, in which case you should use wwcxtool (included in the wit suite) first.

Some text might actually be pictures (TPL files), but in the case of Earth Seeker, they were named as "PIX" : but at least Earth Seeker was in SHIFT-JIS, which meant I had plenty of space to write my text, contrary to Ikenie...

Hope it will help you start, please PM me if you need more advice.

Yours truly.

Milozaki

Trophies
Website
milozaki.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hello and thank you for your message !

Well... the thing is every game is a bit different, but you must start by extracting the files the way I tell you in the README, then look for japanese with an Hex editor (I personally like MadEdit, but there are others).

Remember that your text can be in various files (but mainly "bin", to my experience), and can be coded in "SHIFT-JIS", "UTF-16BE", or many other ways ! It can even be compressed, in which case you should use wwcxtool (included in the wit suite) first.

Some text might actually be pictures (TPL files), but in the case of Earth Seeker, they were named as "PIX" : but at least Earth Seeker was in SHIFT-JIS, which meant I had plenty of space to write my text, contrary to Ikenie...

Hope it will help you start, please PM me if you need more advice.

Yours truly.[/QUOTE]

Hello! I think your translation is really good and you have my full respect!
I've been working on 3DS translations for a long time, but I haven't gotten to great with Wii translations because there are not many tutorials.
My next project would be the Wii game Inazuma Eleven GO Strikers 2013 and I already know how to get all the files, sounds, images etc. but I don't know how to edit the text files.
After my research, the text files are in so-called mcb.bin files and yes, as I said, my problem is text editing.
Thanks in advance!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
[/QUOTE]

Hello! I think your translation is really good and you have my full respect!
I've been working on 3DS translations for a long time, but I haven't gotten to great with Wii translations because there are not many tutorials.
My next project would be the Wii game Inazuma Eleven GO Strikers 2013 and I already know how to get all the files, sounds, images etc. but I don't know how to edit the text files.
After my research, the text files are in so-called mcb.bin files and yes, as I said, my problem is text editing.
Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Hello, and thank you for your kind comment.

If you know your japanese text is in this file, then open it in an Hex Editor (I personally use this one https://sourceforge.net/projects/madedit-mod/)

Then choose the encoding in the list on the left (most likely to be UTF-16BE, or maybe SHIFT-JS as Earth Seeker was), and try to find japanese you've identified in your game.

One thing that came in handy for me was a little software called "Capture2text" (http://capture2text.sourceforge.net/)
It does Japanese OCR on screenshots of your game, so that it's easier to past it in MadEdit, and find the text you're looking for.

As soon as you've found it, simply type your English text on the Japanese one, but beware :
  • Do not write over some code by mistake : your text must be the same length (or shorter, which happens rarely, so you'll have to tweak your translation most of the time) :fill the blank with "00"
  • Sometimes you'll find code which corresponds to something specific, like bold letters, or text in red : it's up to you to decide whether you have enough space to keep it and if it's actually useful: but remember the code is put before AND after the text. For example with Earth Seeker this was the code to put your text in yellow : 63 5B 31 31 5D 83 before (6 characters) and 5E 63 5B 31 35 5D after (another 6 characters, which meant 12 characters taken only for a colored text).
The most important code to identify is the linebreak, as most games won't do it automatically, and if they do they might cut your words in half. So remember to count the number of characters in each line ! ;)

Hope I could help !

Guten Abend.

Last edited by Brand Newman,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Ty for the explanations mate,
is dolphin able to help in the test progress of the translate ?
Is any recomended irc, discord, chanels ?
Yes, I actually mostly use Dolphin until my patch is beta. You can replace your files with Wiiscrubber easily, since Dolphin will still boot the game (which is much more hazardous with the real Wii, thus the reason why nobody had fully translated Earth Seeker before).

When you're ready to try on a real Wii, I advise you to make a Riivolution patch, as it's much faster than creating an ISO everytime (and believe me, no matter how many times you've checked, you're gonna be testing and discovering bugs and typo A LOT anyway !)

Making a Riivolution patch is fairly easy : just adapt my own patch "xml" file to your patch using a text editor.

Good luck with your work, I'll keep an eye on you ! ;)

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
@Brand Newman
Hi, i am studing the patch, did you edit any of the .pix fikes ?
How shoud be edited ?

I read a few wyndcrosser post researching it.
Also
RetroHelix suggest it could be Tpl and use (TplMii and tplx)

But what are the recomended way to go ?
Hello.

Yes the PIX are actually TPL with some "extra header" you have to remove with an HEX editor (I use Madedit Mod) so that TPLMii can read them.

In my case, everything that went before "00 20 AF 30" had to go (keeping in mind that some PIX had several pictures in them.)

Then I converted the TPL into PNG using TPLMii, edited them, and turned them back into TPL (low res), to finally paste and copy their content with MADedit into the original PIX files.

Hope it helped :)

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone !

Just so you know, a "very much improved version" of Earth Seeker translation is on its way ! I've learnt a lot since I started translating Wii games (I'm on a 3rd project actually), and now I feel like my first one is not much to "my standards" :lol:

I'll let you know very soon about the changes I did that make the game look more "polished", but here is a snapshot already of my improved graphical ressources (wasn't quite happy with the first version) !

I'm testing it heavily right now, it should be out within days.

BEFORE :
KYOYkwL.png

AFTER :
Od5I8fD.png

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Good evening.

As previously stated, I'm releasing an update for my Earth Seeker English translation, having learnt a lot since I began doing patches.

When I started this project, I was prevented from using the lower case font of the game which was barely readable, moreover on a real Wii.

But as I went deeper into Wii games translations, I learnt to tweak my fonts more (here's a piece of advice : tweak your fonts the more you can, it will always be helpful later), and thought that having a game only in upper case looked a little bit too "amateurish".

Moreover, I wasn't totally happy with some graphical ressources I had done, and discovered that some more Japanese was hiding in the "main.dol" file, which had previously remained unchanged.

So I present you with the 02.03 version of the patch : I also took the occasion to improve some of the translation and correct some minor bugs or typo that had remained despite my best efforts.

I hope you'll like it, and if you preferred upper case font, please know that the patch is available in two versions.

Yours truly.

Main modifications :

SX7qcHn.jpg

Translated messages when connection was lost or no expansion controller was plugged in (replaces Japanese on Dolphin and gibberish on non-Japanese Wii).

3pKtjZ8.jpg

A2VuJHF.jpg

Modified lower case font, including accents for French words ("Brûlée", "les Misérables", etc.) :)

AMmdAaH.jpg

Replaced the "fake" text by real English in "collection" and "hold to skip" (was in the main.dol file, as I casually found out).

nKjTBtt.jpg

F6V74gd.jpg

Improved some graphical ressources.

Download links :
Lower case font (preferred) : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gt64CmyYJqr-uEL_gewyQWzTiWKrqJf9
Upper case font : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uxSzX0RKsxi3lAHoExQNbn-YopK2drqH

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
@Brand Newman, I have a quest: If I have in the past a iso on a disk to use in "loaders", is posible to use Riivolution in the same way as the original disc?
Hello. Riivolution is for retail disc. But you can modify the iso using the method provided in the readme. it's fast and the game will work flawlessly with any loader. :)

Reactions: gamecaptor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things