Translation Riivolution patch: Earth Seeker English translation for Wii (100%)

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
07.20.2022 : UPDATE : English translation for the "Odekake Earth Seeker" DSiware available at the following address:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bFpio_fXQfq1wPGTIDCGsHWSCUPUcUMZ/view?usp=sharing

07.18.2022 : UPDATE - ODEKAKE Edition of 2.03 patch is out! This provides compatibility with DSiware "ODEKAKE EARTH SEEKER", for which I'll be releasing a translation patch within days.

04.30.2020 : UPDATE - EARTH SEEKER TRANSLATION PATCH AVAILABLE IN LOWER FONT CASE (+ more improvements - see page 6 for more details

V02.03 modifications :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/riivolu...lation-for-wii-100.555772/page-6#post-9033426

Download links :

Lower case font (preferred) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LYKLi4cwEshzO-fxrhqcUH3HGJN2IwYO/view?usp=sharing
Upper case font : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eiR9ZJ6sM7sQBw03gKDUX6UQ9h1q4RmD/view?usp=sharing

Hello everybody,

I'm happy to announce the beta phase has come to an end, and present you with what should be the final version of the Riivolution patch for Earth Seeker on Wii.

As usual, please refer to the README FIRST document if you want to modify and ISO instead of using a retail disc.

I also added some information for those who are struggling a bit to find the P.A.S. parts of Adam's armor, as well as an Ocarina patch if you want to make it easier.

Thank you to everyone who liked my posts and/or left me a kind message : it was highly appreciated.

Hope you'll enjoy the game now, please find below two new videos of advanced parts of it (little bit of spoiler, be warned!)

A very nice day to all!

Ultimate guardians techniques

Adam's (re)birth

--- PREVIOUS POST ---

01.06.2020: initial release of V.01.00 BETA
01.08.2020 – V.01.01 BETA: minor script corrections
01.10.2020 – V.01.02 BETA: flickering menu modified in warehouse
01.11.2020 - V.01.03 BETA: minor script corrections
01.26.2020 - V.01.04 BETA: main story corrections finalized (sidequests & Adam resurrection in progress)

Greetings everyone !

I know I come a long time after the game was released, but I just wanted to share the new English translation patch I did for the game “Earth Seeker” on the Wii, as it turns out no complete translation was ever released (at least to my knowledge).

Now I know a couple of people tried, and I’d like to take the opportunity to thank Doombringer, Wyndcrosser, and Quantico for their previous work, which helped me a lot when I first attempted to translate the game.

I don’t know about the others, but I know Wyndcrosser especially met difficulties with modifying the ISO, because of what I think is a bug in Wiiscrubber: I can only guess how frustrating it must have been, and I really want to say that none of what I did could have been done without Wyndcrosser paving the way.

Anyway I made a Riivolution patch, but it can also be used to modify an ISO if you put some efforts in it (tutorial is provided in the README file enclosed): just remember that playing it on the real Wii will need to use Partition Builder instead of simply reparsing with Wiiscrubber.

About the patch : unless I’m mistaken, there shouldn’t be any Japanese left. Please keep in mind it’s BETA though, and that (most importantly) I’m neither Japanese nor English, which means I might have done a few mistakes for which I’d like you to give me feedback.

Also I had to make some compromise, whether because of the limited space I had, or because some parts of the script had to be adapted a bit, so it might feel a bit “barebone” sometimes, but I hope you’ll enjoy it anyway.

So without further ado, please find below the link to download the Riivolution patch:

DOWNLOAD LINK : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LYKLi4cwEshzO-fxrhqcUH3HGJN2IwYO/view?usp=sharing

If you wish to modify the ISO instead of using a retail disc, below are the links for the necessary tools:

As well as a small video of the first 15 minutes of the game translated:

And some screenshots I took for you to compare:

uRZgLEt.png

CbXhNcQ.png

KYOYkwL.png

bgUkDri.png

koJdJNY.png

Please feel free to post here any screenshot of misspelling, grammatical error, translation mistake… and if you enjoyed the patch, please let me know as well!

Have a very nice hunt for Heritage!

Last edited by Brand Newman,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be wrong, but doesn't riivolution require a legit version of the game? I think I remember them using that with one of the tales of translations or they were anyway. it's on the fly patching, right?

edit: I just read the op about being able to use an iso.

Last edited by godreborn,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
could be wrong, but doesn't riivolution require a legit version of the game? I think I remember them using that with one of the tales of translations or they were anyway. it's on the fly patching, right?

edit: I just read the op about being able to use an iso.
You're right, Riivolution is meant to be used with a retail disc, and that's the easiest way to use the patch. But since I found what went wrong with the ISO patching for my predecessors, I also put a tutorial to patch the ISO on the readme file. Hope people will find it easy to use.

Reactions: godreborn

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Since i've always tought this game could be one of those Wii gems forgotten, and i'd never had the chance to try it, this is AWESOME.
Thanks for your hard work!!!

viktormax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Greetings everyone !

I know I come a long time after the game was released, but I just wanted to share the new English translation patch I did for the game “Earth Seeker” on the Wii, as it turns out no complete translation was ever released (at least to my knowledge).

Now I know a couple of people tried, and I’d like to take the opportunity to thank Doombringer, Wyndcrosser, and Quantico for their previous work, which helped me a lot when I first attempted to translate the game.

I don’t know about the others, but I know Wyndcrosser especially met difficulties with modifying the ISO, because of what I think is a bug in Wiiscrubber: I can only guess how frustrating it must have been, and I really want to say that none of what I did could have been done without Wyndcrosser paving the way.

Anyway I made a Riivolution patch, but it can also be used to modify an ISO if you put some efforts in it (tutorial is provided in the README file enclosed): just remember that playing it on the real Wii will need to use Partition Builder instead of simply reparsing with Wiiscrubber.

About the patch : unless I’m mistaken, there shouldn’t be any Japanese left. Please keep in mind it’s BETA though, and that (most importantly) I’m neither Japanese nor English, which means I might have done a few mistakes for which I’d like you to give me feedback.

Also I had to make some compromise, whether because of the limited space I had, or because some parts of the script had to be adapted a bit, so it might feel a bit “barebone” sometimes, but I hope you’ll enjoy it anyway.

So without further ado, please find below the link to download the Riivolution patch:

V.01.00 BETA : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nc2mG-cIApjT4tQpLW2fAEPAR8deUmOJ

As well as a small video of the first 15 minutes of the game translated:

And some screenshots I took for you to compare:

uRZgLEt.png

CbXhNcQ.png

KYOYkwL.png

bgUkDri.png

koJdJNY.png

Please feel free to post here any screenshot of misspelling, grammatical error, translation mistake… and if you enjoyed the patch, please let me know as well!

Have a very nice hunt for Heritage!

if you wish I can make you an automated iso/wbfs creator

Reactions: ChibiMofo

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
if you wish I can make you an automated iso/wbfs creator
Hello and thank you for your offer. Since many people met troubles over the years with translating the game, I chose the more "secure" option to create a Riivolution patch and give them the opportunity to manually patch their ISO.

But feel free to create any tool you want from my work, I have no trouble with that :)

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Since i've always tought this game could be one of those Wii gems forgotten, and i'd never had the chance to try it, this is AWESOME.
Thanks for your hard work!!!
Thank YOU for your message ! Now, about the game, it's not as deep as the games from "Operation Rainfall", and I think it might have disappointed players who excepted a RPG, where it's more about collecting treasures in a limited amount of areas. But the game has a "post-apocalyptic " feeling that I personnaly like a lot, and sure did its homeworks when it came to cultural artefacts around the world.(When I think about it, the time it took me to identify the works of art and translate that part... thank God I could find the texture ! :lol:)
Hope you'll enjoy it as well, I need "beta testers" to do the game a 100%, so we can identify the mistakes I might have done. ;)

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I'd like that since my attempt failed.
Your attempt failed? You mean you used wiiscrubber to extract, created an IMG file with partition builder, put it into the ISO with wiiscrubber, and it still didn't work? Please refer to the readme, and don't forget that you can't directly reparse files if you want to play on a modded wii. I also advise you to try the riivolution method first (assuming you have a retail disc), as it doesn't need any file modification. Just launch revolution with the files on sd card and the disc on the wii. This method should be easier.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Post this on main page. How's the game BTW? What its like? MH Clone?
Thank you very much for posting. Yes it's sort of a monster Hunter clone. The game asks you to visit areas of the star to retrieve legacies of the Earth. sometimes by fighting a monster, sometimes by finding an item, etc. But you'll ultimately be rewarded by "Heritage", which can be anything, from a painting to an old car. There is also a story about how collecting the Heritage helps mankind to be reborn, as there has only been women born on the star so far. But I will not spoil no more !

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thank you very much for posting. Yes it's sort of a monster Hunter clone. The game asks you to visit areas of the star to retrieve legacies of the Earth. sometimes by fighting a monster, sometimes by finding an item, etc. But you'll ultimately be rewarded by "Heritage", which can be anything, from a painting to an old car. There is also a story about how collecting the Heritage helps mankind to be reborn, as there has only been women born on the star so far. But I will not spoil no more !
wow, yuri. I won't spoilers, since I prolly won't find time to play it.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your attempt failed? You mean you used wiiscrubber to extract, created an IMG file with partition builder, put it into the ISO with wiiscrubber, and it still didn't work? Please refer to the readme, and don't forget that you can't directly reparse files if you want to play on a modded wii. I also advise you to try the riivolution method first (assuming you have a retail disc), as it doesn't need any file modification. Just launch revolution with the files on sd card and the disc on the wii. This method should be easier.

I used the the method outlined starting on page 7 to patch an ISO. I'm not concerned about it, and it probably failed due to a bad WBFS file that I downloaded (NKit could not match it against whatever database it checks it against). I'm not buying a 10 year old Japanese Wii game as that isn't going to help the original developers, so I'll only be patching ISOs on translation projects. If I can find a better "ISO", I'll try again or use viktormax's automated tool.

It's great to have another Wii game to play though. Can't thank you enough for that. Especially since neither Japanese nor English are your first languages. Judging by the YouTube video, you did great!

viktormax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I used the the method outlined starting on page 7 to patch an ISO. I'm not concerned about it, and it probably failed due to a bad WBFS file that I downloaded (NKit could not match it against whatever database it checks it against). I'm not buying a 10 year old Japanese Wii game as that isn't going to help the original developers, so I'll only be patching ISOs on translation projects. If I can find a better "ISO", I'll try again or use viktormax's automated tool.

It's great to have another Wii game to play though. Can't thank you enough for that. Especially since neither Japanese nor English are your first languages. Judging by the YouTube video, you did great!

i working in automated tool, please upload and sendme a original m4in.d0l please

Reactions: ChibiMofo

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome Job! Thank You! I know how how much effort is involved.

This is one of the best looking Games on Wii and a must own in my opinion even though I have never played for now... And I can actually Enjoy it and understand what is going on Thanks to You:yaywii:

@Brand Newman

Reactions: Brand Newman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1