Gaming right procedure to burn ssbb dvd9 only ?

eternity575

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
ok..
i know im SUCH A NAG.
but can someone please give me a quick 1.2.3. tutorial on how to play ssbb, if i ONLY have the dvd9?
what should i do? brickblock? not brickblock? how to do the 15%? in what dvd? argghhh!!

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
O.K,

If you want to avoid the duplicate channels, you need to do the 15% trick. This requires 2 DVD DL's, one with Brick Blocker and one without.

Make sure your Wii is updated to the latest firmware (e.g, either 3.1e, or 3.1U, and Wiikey firmware is 1.9g).

1) Use the clean copy of SSBB, and update. Watch until the blue bar reaches the 'w' under Power, then unplug the wii. Once that is done, throw your clean copy of SSBB away, you don't need it anymore.

2) Power the Wii back on. Set your Wii to 50Hz in your Wii settings.

3) Then put in your SSBB Brick Blocked version, and start the game. Using the Wii remote, when the white screen appears, press d-pad left, then 2, then 2 again. The game will start. Go to Options, then turn off Deflicker. THIS WILL SLOW DOWN THE WII COMPLETELY!!

4) Exit back to the Wii main menu via the home button. Set the Wii back to 60Hz, which will show some messed up colours. Reboot the Wii, and play the SSBB Brick Blocked version again. It should be working perfectly now
smile.gif

If you don't care about dupe channels, just burn one copy of the game without any brick block, and let the whole thing update to 100%. Then follow steps 2, 3 and 4 with the clean copy of the game.

Enjoy!

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
damn i just remember i forget to brickblock the DL disc i burned this morning. i already had done the 15% trick with the dvd5 one..

urghh spose i better bin it =/

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Just out of interest, i have got it working with Verbatim DVD-DL 4x, i think they were singapore-made discs.

I only had ridata DVD+DL at home from about a year ago when i needed to burn a few DVD9 movies, so when i tried it on those, you could hear the wii struggling to read the disc then kept getting the White Error Screen with Green writing, which my Japanese friend translated to say "Unable to read disc".

Anyway, its all running fine now, just wondered, some people have mentioned its in english and some have mentioned about turning deflicker off, etc, but how do you do this if you cant read japanese (i sent t screen grab of the warning to my friend, hes not around when i play to translate the menus!).

Am i missing something to turn the game into english?

Thanks

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Just out of interest, i have got it working with Verbatim DVD-DL 4x, i think they were singapore-made discs.

I only had ridata DVD+DL at home from about a year ago when i needed to burn a few DVD9 movies, so when i tried it on those, you could hear the wii struggling to read the disc then kept getting the White Error Screen with Green writing, which my Japanese friend translated to say "Unable to read disc".

Anyway, its all running fine now, just wondered, some people have mentioned its in english and some have mentioned about turning deflicker off, etc, but how do you do this if you cant read japanese (i sent t screen grab of the warning to my friend, hes not around when i play to translate the menus!).

Thanks

So far, the English option is untrue
tongue.gif

As for the deflicker option, when you get to the main menu screen, in the lower-right, there is an icon of a spanner, this is the options screen. On the next screen, the second icon is a 'D' with lines going through it, which is the Deflicker option. Set this to off, exit to main menu, then exit to the Wii menu. Don't be alarmed that the moment this is switched, the whole Wii slows down. Once 60Hz is set, and the Wii is reset, things go back to normal.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I read something about layer break somewhere. Is that something you have to set, or can you just burn the image directly?

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You can't set the layer break to what it originally was anyway, a DVD+/-R DL disc doesn't have enough space on the first layer to be able to do that.

So just let your burning program find the 'optimal' position for the break.

dimply_gecko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks

heres something useful for us non-japanese speaking people, a menu screens translation from IGN http://faqs.ign.com/articles/849/849163p1.html

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Thanks

heres something useful for us non-japanese speaking people, a menu screens translation from IGN http://faqs.ign.com/articles/849/849163p1.html

Nice find. Thanks!

stArman15

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
I got Pal Wii 3.1e with wiikey 1.9g. I burned DVD9 with imgburner on a Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL i didnt use brickblocker or regionfree or anything. When i put the dvd in wii i get "unable to read"
Other people have done the exact same thing but without this error.
I would be thankful if anyone could help me
Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Try burning faster is what I'd recommend.

I only got a good disc that works all the time on my fourth try.

First time I burnt at 8x and got a disc read error when choosing certain characters or trying to watch certain movies.
Second time burnt at 4x and it was even worse, half the time wouldn't even get to the title screen.
2.4x - same as 4x.
Reburned at 8x and it works a treat. My particular drive 'learns' the optimal write strategy when you burn the same media, so that may have something to do with it.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my 2.4x media I burned on using clonecd gives me an error in story mode...so I'm about to try to burn it again with nero..

well nero is telling me it is a cdrom so I just installed imgburn so trying on that
tongue.gif

hoping story mode will work, if not then that means the wii doesn't like this media I assume.

Jonesy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty lost here. I have an NTSC-U copy of this game on my computer, and when I try using BrickBlocker it just says that it isn't a vaild Wii ISO. So I tried burning it onto a dual layer DVD anyway. Put the disc in my NTSC USA Wii, and it read the disc but said it needed to update. I'm kind of nervous about running the update though.

I'm running my Wii fully up to date, and my Wiikey is running 1.9g. What should I do? Is there something else I can do to remove the update? Or should I just install it? Please let me know, as I really want to play it!! I've never had any problems with backups so far. I think because it got as far as telling me that it needed to update, that it is actually a valid Wii ISO.

Jonesy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Scratch my last post. So I burned SSBB (NTSC-U) onto a Maxwell 2.4x DL DVD, without running Brick Blocker. I used ImgBurn to burn it, at 2.4x. When I put the game into my NTSC-U Wii with Wiikey 1.9g, it said it needed to update. Yes, I risked my Wii installing it. But I installed it to 100%, and it plays flawlessly. I was really nervous running the update, but thankfully it worked no problem. Hope this helps other out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1