right hinge busted, need new shell

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by preelude, Aug 11, 2007.

Aug 11, 2007
  1. preelude
    OP

Newcomer preelude Advanced Member

Canada
    well it happened... left hinge had a crack after a month, but a year later... the right hinge just snapped off. now the top screen is separated from the bottom (on the right side)

warranty is over by 1-2 months.

i know there are shock cases, but for $30usd + shipping just isn't worth it. is there a cheaper alternative? on Dealextreme they sell DS fat housings for 7$. but none for ds lites.

i also checked ebay, cheapest i could find is 19.99+9.99shipping from HK.. which could take up to a month.

maybe someone out there knows a place selling ds lite shells for ~$10? [​IMG]

whoever designed the dslite is an idiot.

2. retman

Banned retman Banned

United Kingdom
    you will possibily never mind a case for that much

3. phantastic91

Member phantastic91 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    happened to 3 of my ds lites

you should do something about it because soon the wire connecting the top and bottom would get weaker and then your screen would get fuzzy. soon it would just turn black and you ds lite would be useless.

i freaken hate the right henge there soo weak! its one of the ds lite's biggest flaw imo.

4. Christoph

Newcomer Christoph Newbie

Canada
    yea the same thing happend to mine and my cousins ds lites. i got mine repaired under warranty. cheapests cases i have seen are 30 as well.