Gaming right button stuck

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason the PSP is now stuck on the right d-pad and I can't do anything in the xmb.
I'm not even sure if its hardware or software and I don't know if I can update it if the button is stuck.
In the xmb the up/down buttons are unresponsive but they work fine in the recovery more.
Any tips on fixing this?

This problem also persists when I take out the memorystick.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to reinstall the firmware but I'm not having any luck
frown.gif

I put it in PSP/GAME/RECOVERY and named the update EBOOT.PBP but for some reason it won't work.
It gives me the error 8002013C

Help please.

Edit:Installed 4.01 m33 but still no luck.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It might be a physical since i managed to get to games and it still persists so i want to get psp button tester to check for sure.
could someone provide me with a link?

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xcalibur said:
It might be a physical since i managed to get to games and it still persists so i want to get psp button tester to check for sure.
could someone provide me with a link?
Hmmm.... I remember having the same problem a LONG while ago, but it went away after a day. I doubt it's a software problem. Did you get it wet by any chance? I do recall that it happened after I got the PSP wet. A slight amount of rain got in my bag because I failed adjust the bag so the contents would be protected from the rainfall. When I turned it on, I saw that after a few seconds it would just go all the way to the right. I turned it off and back on, the same happened. The next day it stopped, I guess it dried or something.

Just wait a few days, see if it will go away. If not, call Sony (I highly doubt they will do anything though) but if you feel like voiding your warranty, open it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end