Hardware Right analog stick problem. Please help

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earlier this year i bought a ps vita 1000 from e-bay with henkaku and some games already installed. When it arrived everything seemed fine since it turned on correctly and was responding fine for my initial notice. However since it didn't come with a charger i couldn't really test it since i couldn't charge it after battery died. I decided to order a charger from e-bay but since im a total cheapskate i decided to order what i saw was cheap and wait a month for it to arrive from china.
After waiting and finally charging my vita i decided to try out the games it came installed. Marvel vs capcom seemed to work fine for me so i didn't seem any problem with the system. Then I decided to play persona 4 and that is were i noticed a hint of a problem. Once i started playing inside a dungeon i noticed that every time i move with the left stick the camera moves a little depending on the direction while there was no response from the right. i searched online and i heard that the game came with some camera problems so i believed this was the game's problem and i wasn't going to play persona anyways until i finish the 3rd one that i am currently playing on my computer. After a while i decided to play the other game child of light and then its when i noticed it was a problem. The cursor seemed to move by itself upwards north and was not responding unless by touchscreen. I then realized that something is wrong and decided to install a button tester on the vita. I found via vitatester that my right stick was stuck aiming top right and that the only time it moves is when the left stick gets moved.
I figured to myself it was the right analog stick so i decided to check and replace it. After 3 weeks of waiting for the right screwdriver, 1 month waiting for and getting refunded for an out of stock analog stick, and 3 more weeks waiting for the reorder from another website, I successfully installed it on the vita. And..... nothing. It still have the same problem after replacing the analog stick. So i figure it is a software problem then. I really don't know if there is a secret menu on the vita that could help me fix this but i don't want to update/format it and lose henkaku for a potential chance of it not to be fixed. I am asking for help on fixing my situation. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by keven3477,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Try formatting. Just backup all of your homebrew and ROMs and things with VitaShells USB mode, do a format, and see if the problem persists. This won't force you to update, Henkaku will still work just fine, and you won't lose anything.

Reactions: keven3477

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Earlier this year i bought a ps vita 1000 from e-bay with henkaku and some games already installed. When it arrived everything seemed fine since it turned on correctly and was responding fine for my initial notice. However since it didn't come with a charger i couldn't really test it since i couldn't charge it after battery died. I decided to order a charger from e-bay but since im a total cheapskate i decided to order what i saw was cheap and wait a month for it to arrive from china.
After waiting and finally charging my vita i decided to try out the games it came installed. Marvel vs capcom seemed to work fine for me so i didn't seem any problem with the system. Then I decided to play persona 4 and that is were i noticed a hint of a problem. Once i started playing inside a dungeon i noticed that every time i move with the left stick the camera moves a little depending on the direction while there was no response from the right. i searched online and i heard that the game came with some camera problems so i believed this was the game's problem and i wasn't going to play persona anyways until i finish the 3rd one that i am currently playing on my computer. After a while i decided to play the other game child of light and then its when i noticed it was a problem. The cursor seemed to move by itself upwards north and was not responding unless by touchscreen. I then realized that something is wrong and decided to install a button tester on the vita. I found via vitatester that my right stick was stuck aiming top right and that the only time it moves is when the left stick gets moved.
I figured to myself it was the right analog stick so i decided to check and replace it. After 3 weeks of waiting for the right screwdriver, 1 month waiting for and getting refunded for an out of stock analog stick, and 3 more weeks waiting for the reorder from another website, I successfully installed it on the vita. And..... nothing. It still have the same problem after replacing the analog stick. So i figure it is a software problem then. I really don't know if there is a secret menu on the vita that could help me fix this but i don't want to update/format it and lose henkaku for a potential chance of it not to be fixed. I am asking for help on fixing my situation. Any help would be appreciated.
You find a way to resolve your problem? Because this happen to me to and i don't know how to fix it, i can't play any game because of the camera, i try changing the analog and even try to play with out the analog (i remove it) but the camera issue persist. I guess that the problem is softwarw related, the operative system or something

Versa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same exact problem on my slim model. Even removed the right analog stick and it still moves.

Have you tried formatting? I'm starting to think that it's a faulty board or something.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
When I had problems with my Vita's right stick, it was because the flat flex connector wasn't inserted properly (after I performed a motherboard swap).

Before that on my PSP, the stick needed to be disassembled and cleaned.

aItevideos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a very similar history and my vita has exactly the same problems. The ps vita I bought came with a third party usb cable, which I was using to install henkaku and charge the device. I can't imagine how, but maybe these things could damage the motherboard? I hope I don't have to buy another one, because otherwise it works just fine and looks as good as new.

Last edited by aItevideos,

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a very similar history and my vita has exactly the same problems. The ps vita I bought came with a third party usb cable, which I was using to install henkaku and charge the device. I can't imagine how, but maybe these things could damage the motherboard? I hope I don't have to buy another one, because otherwise it works just fine and looks as good as new.
Was the vita stick working fine before you were working with henkaku or was it already not working well once received.

aItevideos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately, I'm not sure. I noticed it first after having installed RetroArch.

saegolpur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same situation here. I bought my Vita on Ebay with Henkaku already installed and with some games on it (and no charger). When I went to play some games, the right analog stick wasn't working. The camera kept moving around and then it got stuck to one position. I opened up my Vita and disconnected the right analog stick and the only difference was that in Final Fantasy X, the menu list inside the sphere grid was locked up instead of down, but all the other games had the same problem. I'm not sure if I have to just reinstall everything or what. Anyone found a solution yet?

lordcrew27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I know I'm late but has anybody got the solution? My left analog stick keeps ghosting, even though I already removed the analog (or even if the whole left board is removed) the problem still persists. In the home menu you can simply touch the screen to make it go away, but it doesn't work on games. Sometimes the right analog stick cancels the problem, though it will be back after a while.

I'm planning to buy a new parts soon, but It may be the motherboard itself that's broken

shyeiro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m having the same problem as of right now and I’m wondering if this was fixed and would like to know if it’s the software (henkaku) problem or the hardware problem??

adeptape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do NOT attempt invasive repaits b4 trying Electrical Contact Cleaner. more info on "Is There any way to swap the left analog to the Dpad yet..."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all