Hardware Righ Joycon R button repair

Mightyjebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The right R button is a weak design since if you break the button off the Joycon usually needs a new board. If you want to try repairing the button and there isn't any pads left on the board to solder to the you can add jumper wire the the pins in the picture below.

Hopefully someone will find this useful.

You can solder the outer pins to quite a lot of locations on the board but I'm showing the one I use as it's a straight run down from the button.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The right R button is a weak design since if you break the button off the Joycon usually needs a new board. If you want to try repairing the button and there isn't any pads left on the board to solder to the you can add jumper wire the the pins in the picture below.

Hopefully someone will find this useful.

You can solder the outer pins to quite a lot of locations on the board but I'm showing the one I use as it's a straight run down from the button.
Send it into Nintendo

delta nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you consider another image hoster? Photobucket has been pretty shit for a couple years. I'm absolutely interested in this topic, since both of my right Joy con have a busted R button.

Mightyjebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
broken R.jpg
joycon wiring.jpg

Reactions: Akira

resetes12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found out a rather curious method to solve my issues with the R button. When I was changing the right joycon shell, I accidentally deformed the spring. When I installed the spring I expected the R button not to work. To my surprise, I actually solved all my issues with it. My issues were related to pressure, and now that the spring was "smaller" thanks to the accidental deformation I made, the button has less travel (which obviously affected a bit the feel of the button, but nothing serious) which makes pressure easier, thus solving the issue.

Winnppl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how about the first pad?
the left and right pad are both Negative, you can just solder the middle pad to the correct place and the right pad to the correct place in this chart, you don't need to solder anything on the left pad

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the left and right pad are both Negative, you can just solder the middle pad to the correct place and the right pad to the correct place in this chart, you don't need to solder anything on the left pad
So basically just solder the parts mentioned in the chart and it’s good?

Budderguy21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m fairly inexperienced and I broke the secondary pad off by accident. Is there any other solder pad I could go to, or is it time I get a new motherboard?

jorge_tekilux

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I’m fairly inexperienced and I broke the secondary pad off by accident. Is there any other solder pad I could go to, or is it time I get a new motherboard?
Hi, I did the same, lucky me had another working joycon and with multimeter in continuity test found a 3rd point , hope it helps
20211107_115018.jpeg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...