Riddle Me This My Hacker Friends!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by vettacossx, Oct 9, 2009.

Oct 9, 2009
  1. vettacossx
    OP

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    OK so heres the deal...I downloaded a set of ISO from a fellow themers file archives (Jizmo) I found them here http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploads/jiz...utobootisos.rar

The weird thing about this is that its a autoboot recovery disk of the homebrew channel that shows up in the disk channel as a GAMECUBE GAME that has a WII ID?! so because of this it can be added to the WBFS drive and loaded up NP! so now the riddle begins?[​IMG]
    Can we give a GC game a WII ID and run it from the WBFS drive ( LIKE THE ABOVE ISO) or is there an issue when taking into consideration the CMIOS needing to be accessed in wiimode? At any rate i would love to have some fellow end users tear open this iso and see if they cant make sense of why it is possible to add a GC game and load it under IOS249 at all? Would this ONLY work with homebrew (I would suspect so) or is there something more going on here?

Just to clear this up ahead of time
    NO THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER ISO FORWARDER FROM THIS THREAD ITS DIFFERENT!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181011

Heres a video as you can see it looks for the TMD and loads from the channel from my NAND i assume...

So is there anything more that we can spawn from this?

Maybe making NAND channels (HB vc wiiware ect) loadable via the Usb Loaders??
    Maybe make a GC game loadable by Usb Loaders?

just some proverbial food for hacker thought...hope someone else experiments with this iso as well again heres the link to the IOS249 HBC.ISO that is lables a GC disk but is addable to your WBFS drive!!!http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploads/jizmo/autobootisos.rar

2. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    does it load the new HBC or the old HAXX ID??

3. vettacossx
    OP

Ireland
    wel the old because i am a 3.2U user you will also note it runs under ios 55 in hbc 1.0.3 but it should work the same for any users under 4.2 i would wadger...but it looks for the TMD if you watch the video it seems to be a nand loader that works from USB LOADERS or thats the best way i know to describe it but thats why i posted that video have a look at the text just before the channel loads up its loaded a TMD from the HBC [​IMG]

A IOS60 version is also available in the download link though i have not tried to add it to WBFS only the IOS249 has been confirmed and tested i havent tried the "other iso like this"

(i have anyregion changer and anytitledeleter and wad manager in the same forms by jizmo)

Another thing i wonder is if this will work for users WITHOUT starfall/starpatches AUTOBOOT ability?

Here are my basic specs for those who are curious and it might help///

3.2U console running under ios249, (also have 222,223,250)
    Cioscorps V1 (with some minor and specific cios updates for gh5 and accf NFS ect)
    Starfall installed for autobooting disks via recovery mode, disk channel OR USB LOADER it seems)
    HBC 1.0.3 running under ios55 (though i have another channel installed that loads HBC via ios 61 custom gfx HBC)
    Copied the ISO from a burned copy of the IOS249 autoboot HBC....Added to the WBFS drive by pressing plus in USB Loader CFG....

hope this helps? How cool would it be to get VC and WIIWARE loading via the USB loader or GC games!

4. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    could it not just be an autoboot disk injected with the homebrew channel??? so it really wouldn't read anything off your nand reads it all from the ISO

5. killplaystation

Member killplaystation GBAtemp Fan

United States
    fuck Howard Stern

6. vettacossx
    OP

Ireland
    lol @ above dude...

36 seconds into the video you can see its loaded from the nand

Also if it were just forwarding from the iso (and its NOT) i wouldnt have posted the damn thing [​IMG] being KLINIKAL has made MANY iso forwarding disk....

THIS IS DIFFERENT...watch that video and tell me why it needed to load a TICKET from my nand for the HBC to load up if its just a dol being loaded [​IMG]....see what i mean....Also the HBC is a CHANNEL so it is on the nand obviously (correct me if this is incorrect) So if it loads a TMD on my nand it stands to reason there is a nand loader (comex or wanincoco's or something different all together) that lets the nand be accessed VIA A USB LOADER WITH THAT ISO

the real curious thing is why it shows up as a GC game but can be added and loaded as a WII game (because it DOES have a title ID) this is rather curious to me...I would like to at least have a "reason" why this particular iso in a GC disk and can be added to the WBFS this strikes me as odd...

7. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    have you got another GC game you could try giving a Wii ID to and see if it works? Or have you tried extracting the ISO, changing HAXX to another channel ID, repacking it and testing it?

EDIT: Another idea: Temporarily uninstall HBC, just to make sure it actually IS loading from NAND.

8. vettacossx
    OP

Ireland
    no sir i have not tried any of those things tbh the only real "experiment i tried" was to see if this was "the same" as the forwarder ISO's Klinikal has been spinning up comparing in wiiscrubber...(obviosly its different)

Changed the TITLE ID (within usb loader) with WBFSsync to HOME42 but the channel ID it looks for is HAXX

But i just thought all you guys here might be able to make some sense of this maybe ds_letter or Wiipower will swing by and explain HOW the hell this works...Why the hell it works at all...and if there are any hidden advantages to using this ISO as a template for WBFS entries

9. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    CMIOS doesn't do anything after it started the game. GC game backups work with it, because the main.dol of the game is patched to use video dvd commands instead of the regular ones.

10. vettacossx
    OP

Ireland
    i just knew you or DS would have some valid answers to the functionality thanks bro...so can this be used to host other NAND related channels (or a NAND FORWARDER via iso in my usb loader) could a patcher be developed and also CMIOS support wouldnt be present in Wiimode (so thats a issue) but WII DVD VIDEO wouldnt work in GC mode either(also an issue) is that correct?

so even if we DID patch them GC is out of the question...So what about the NAND channel loading from this ISO?

or is this specific and only works with HBC? thanks in advanced wiipower your the best we would all be lost without ya bud! thanks again!

11. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Nand channel loading? I realize it would be cool to add another feature to our usb loader apps, as I know we all love them, but something like this already exists, lets not reinvent the wheel now! Look into Triiforce homebrew.

12. vettacossx
    OP

Ireland
    not trying to reinvent the wheel and i am well aware of the TRIFORCE FORWARDING ISO ans well as wii gators GC loader V2..As stated in the first post on the first day I KNOW ABOUT KLINIKAL's DOL FORWARDING ISO THAT IS FULLY DIFFERENT NOW ISNT IT?.

Its really about preference and i would simply love to have a real WIIWARE iso that forwarded Lost Winds title in the USB loader all i would like to know is HOW this iso works and HOW i can replace the address it looks for (the ID or ticket) on the nand? I was really just posting to see if anyone had already looked to see and done the dirty work and i cant really bitch to much considering i havent had a chance to open up the ISO..If no one else is really interested in loading wiiware or whatever directly from nand or in how the iso works i guess there wont be any sense in trying to find out....but thanks for the input you guys especially you wiipower appreciate it ill have a look today just to see what i can or cant manage to do with it.

EDIT: ok so i open this up with Wii Scrubber 1.4 and as i look at it i wonder if i can replace the tmd.bin,cert.bin,ticket.bin with that of a triforce or wad of the wiiware? I bet if we tried though we could get this iso to run ANY channel we wanted thats installed to the nand (meaning i can just use the usb cfg as my preloader app and avoid the SYSTEM MENU ALL TOGETHER if i wanted to and...I DO want to...LOL (in a way i can now with gcloader forwarder and triforce forwarder but its not the same as having the actual nand channel load via USB then i can give lost winds a full. 3d, flat cover art and enjoy it right from the loader if i wanted to and thats one hell of a feature rich loader that loads nand channels and wii iso from the WBFS drive [​IMG] I am very interested in this personally..

I like to have my wii boot right strait to usb CFG and having the HBC there (the actual nand installed channel) is awesome and im glad i got it there but it would be nice if i knew HOW the iso works so i could make other nand forwarding iso to avoid nmy system menu ALL TOGETHER (being a 3.2U user with 2 1000 gig usb drives attached to my console i have NO USE for advanced SD support or the system menu in genral [​IMG] the less i have to see official ninty crap the better! lol

13. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Mm.. Could it be that your USB loader just looks at the ISO and says that's not a wii game and exits to HBC?

14. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    I agree with this guess too. I've tried to launch things that didn't work but it returned me to the loader eg HBC.

15. vettacossx
    OP

Ireland
    watch the video it obviosly functions fine its INTENT IS TO LOAD HBC JIZMO MADE THIS ISO AND IT PLAINLY STATES IN THE VIDEO ITS LOADING THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL FROM TMD 00000001000000002 or whatever the hell it is because its the AUTOBOOT IOS249 ISO bushing released but its been modified to load the HBC from the nand (or emulate the nand on the disk itself and i doubt that)...but look at the white text on the black screen just b4 the HBC loads up in this video... no different than loading the HBC from your nand so we KNOW FOR A FACT THE ISO CAN DO THIS PROPERLY what i dont know is how to make it load a different channel

WHAT WE KNOW:
    it requires a TITLE ID to be added to the WBFS drive and load up...
    It shows up as a GC disk in the original wiimenu disk channel yet can be added as a WII DISK to your WBFS drive and it will load the HAXX ID homebrew channel

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW QUITE SIMPLY:
    how do we make it load OTHER installed channels from the nand? or at very least how to change the ID it searches for?

16. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    And could you tell me again why this is just not a .dol that loads the HAXX title?

17. vettacossx
    OP

Ireland
    OMFG first of all i can load it WITH NO SD CARD second of all IT SAYS ITS LOADING THE TITLE ID third of all DID YOU WATCH THE VIDEO LIKE I HAD ASKED YOU 2?

FOR CHRIST SAKES ILL POST A GOD DAMN SNAP SHOT if you 2 lazy to watch the video in the first post but know this ITS LOADING FROM NAND (36 seconds into the video PAUSE AND READ THE WHITE TEXT it tells me its loading from nand)

I HAVE NO QUESTIONS ABOUT IF its loading from nand listen carefully...IT DOES LOAD FROM NAND IM SURE I DIDNT POST THIS THREAD BECAUSE IM CURIOUS IF its loading from nand but HOW its doing so...Moreover it it can be done with any other channels by altering the original ISO. (wiiware vc titles ect) so that they can be added the same way (rather than loading from an SD card)

NOT LIKE THESE DO but rather from the NAND like the IOS 249 AUTOBOOT DISK WILL IF ADDED TO WBFS: (like the video in the first post about 36 seconds in)
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181011