OP
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
http://rickradar.freehostia.com/

This will give a Firefox-style warning message whenever a YouTube video is suspected of being a rickroll. You can then choose whether or not you still want to watch it.

Screenshot:
rickradarrh3.png

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wat is so bad about rick rolling? The song is kinda catchy
rolleyes.gif
Never going to give you up!
BTW who made up this rick rolling? How did it even get started makes no sense to me...

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
BoneMonkey said:
RickRadarVersion2.0

this version of rick radar is better click on the link above to see it in action!

"uuiU" is the give away here, it's one of the most commonly linked RickRolls.

I think the real givaway here is that it's a youtube link and guess what! You can't get firefox addons from youtube pages!

Chuck: I grabbed this and then went to the rickroll link bonemonkey so helpfully supplied us with to test and it worked (firefox 2) but then I went to internetisseriousbusiness.com and it didn't block the video ): The popups didn't come up but that may be from another addon.

[edit] though as stated below I can just block it by editing hosts or blacklisting it in OpenDNS.

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
OP
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
RupeeClock said:
BoneMonkey said:
RickRadarVersion2.0

this version of rick radar is better click on the link above to see it in action!

"uuiU" is the give away here, it's one of the most commonly linked RickRolls.

I think the real givaway here is that it's a youtube link and guess what! You can't get firefox addons from youtube pages!

Chuck: I grabbed this and then went to the rickroll link bonemonkey so helpfully supplied us with to test and it worked (firefox 2) but then I went to internetisseriousbusiness.com and it didn't block the video ): The popups didn't come up but that may be from another addon.

[edit] though as stated below I can just block it by editing hosts or blacklisting it in OpenDNS.

QUOTE(chuckstudios @ Jun 17 2008, 10:36 PM)
Youtube only at the moment
frown.gif

Edit: Thanks for confirming Firefox 2 compatibility. Also, other sites are going to be added sometime soon (probably tomorrow... er... today)

FrEEz902

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I didn't even have to click, and i knew it was a rickroll (from the start). Nice PSed image. It's impossible to detect a rickroll. You CAN however block it if it links to a youtube rickroll or somthing else.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
FrEEz902 said:
I didn't even have to click, and i knew it was a rickroll (from the start). Nice PSed image. It's impossible to detect a rickroll. You CAN however block it if it links to a youtube rickroll or somthing else.
Are you talking about bonemonkey's 2.0(rickroll) or Chuckstudios because it works perfectly fine... You can either try it or not even click on it... It's not like it will kill you. I used it and tied it out loading up a youtube rickroll page and right before it plays the video, it redirects it to that image at the original post warning you that it's a rick roll. You can either go back to watch it or just close it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: