Rick and Morty Mobile Game Announced: Pocket Mortys

pocket_mortys-325x167.jpg

Announced today on their twitter page, Adult Swim Games will release Pocket Mortys for Android and iOS on January 14th. It is based on their ever-popular and critically acclaimed adult animated television series Rick and Morty. It's slated free but no word about in-app purchases. And taking Adult Swim's senior producer Chris Johnston words: "This is all game. Real game. The real McCoy. The Real Ghostbusters."

From the looks (and name) of it, the game will, somehow, be played à la Pokémon. You can see it briefly in action in the tweet or gif below:

output_cJ9yyO.gif

If you're familiar with the series, you know what to expect with its subtle (and not-so subtle) inferences, philosophical undertones and crude jokes.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
similar to the TV series! But that's the point, they do it on purpose.
I thought as much. Don't know the series though. ;)

Looks quite funny if you ask me. And I suggest it could be a well made game. But the artstyle gives me the creeps.

Reactions: Prans

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Any word on if there will be any voice acting? I'd play it for that alone.
No news about that but unlikely since it looks and supposedly meant to be played Pokémon-style, so mostly text-based narration. But maybe in a few cutscenes we'll get to appreciate Rick's burps.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get into the show. I've tried watching about a dozen episodes, but they range from bland to annoying for me. The mix of gross and intellectual isn't something I find to be a particularly funny combination. That and Rick's guttural burps make me gag. Don't worry, I get the humor. I don't find it funny, but I get it. If it's your style of humor, excellent for you :P.

I doubt the game will be abundantly fun, but should provide for an entertaining few dozen minutes.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i like how it looks. but knowing what other pokemon clones do to make money and seeing how this is going to be free to download, there's going to be a huge catch...

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't normally play pokemong type games, but I'll try this one, because Rick and Morty is one of the best things. And I don't even care if it turns out to be an IAP shitfest, if so I'll just hack it for free thingies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All my dreams have come true.

i like how it looks. but knowing what other pokemon clones do to make money and seeing how this is going to be free to download, there's going to be a huge catch...
I doubt it. It probably won't be a really long game, but Adult Swim hasn't released anything with an unreasonable pricing scheme.

Last edited by Xzi,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C&D coming in one two and 3...I thought Rick n Morty was a kids show. Used to see it airing around 7pm while surfing the guide. Have not seen a single episode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE