Gaming Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure

MengHong

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
news124.jpg

The game isn't far off and reminds me of the old Elite Beat Agents game on the DS. The demo was pretty entertaining and I look forward to seeing more. Seems like a decent game to pick up as the big releases wind down for the summer. Anyone else thinking of getting this?

ashxu

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I have this game.

7.5/10. It has a great soundtrack and the art is really good but it dissapoints on multiple fronts.

The story is something you'd see in a kid's cartoon
The translation is off sometimes.
Gyroscope stages are a trainwreck
stages are hit and miss. Some are well made but some are just timed poorly or aren't rhythm based at all. Some require you to just look at indicators and have no timing whatsoever.
It advertises to have 50 different stages but a few are harder versions of earlier stages or extended.

ashxu

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
The story is something you'd see in a kid's cartoon
It made me think of Tintin. I love cheesy mystery stories. Tell me, did it remind you of Layton's stories at all?

Only the backgrounds. The music was mainly instrumental sure but most of them didn't leave an impression on me at all.
I just finished the game. The story was undeveloped and rushed. One of the characters ends up being a bad guy and there was no forshadowing. It was like just "oh lol i'm actually a bad dude"

6.5/10. The story was only 9-10 hours long, and that's pushing it.

but ask me anything about the game I guess. I compared the gameplay to Rhythm Heaven for the most part.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This game is awesome for Rhythm fans...

And just like ashxu said, it's quite like Rhythm Heaven.

Tons of different types of gameplay. The best thing the game has for it is the replay function, challenge yourself for higher scores and the Marathon mode, only about 4 games have marathon mode, it consists of you playing that level endless until you miss 3 times.

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It made me think of Tintin. I love cheesy mystery stories. Tell me, did it remind you of Layton's stories at all?

Only the backgrounds. The music was mainly instrumental sure but most of them didn't leave an impression on me at all.
I just finished the game. The story was undeveloped and rushed. One of the characters ends up being a bad guy and there was no forshadowing. It was like just "oh lol i'm actually a bad dude"

6.5/10. The story was only 9-10 hours long, and that's pushing it.

but ask me anything about the game I guess. I compared the gameplay to Rhythm Heaven for the most part.

I actually like the fact that there is no hints towards the fact of a betrayal, most J games just like to put a bell on top of the bad guy while your characters seem to be so stupid they don't notice anything at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16