Rhythm Tengoku Translation - Rhythm Heaven Silver

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by W hat, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    even the "censorships" (really, why to remove QUIZ??? ) you guys want to add to the game?:c aww
    I was talking about getting the "megamix" and translate ir to portuguese, and one idea is bringing " Quiz" back lol
    well I'm kinda against it because it's like praising them for a work they haven't cared to do, instead of you that worked hard to make it happens :T
    anyway it's your project so you do like you wish o3o

2. TinyCastleGuy

TinyCastleGuy Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2014
    United States
    Those images look good, although for better grammar I think in the second image you could have the sign say something like "Go for top quality".

I think it was called Built to Scale in the translation because it takes place in the same location as the Built to Scale games in the sequels (the title is a pun that only really works in the second game). "Polyrhythm" would also make sense, because the Japanese title in Tengoku is actually different than the titles for the other two Built to Scale games.

I'm not saying the decisions Nintendo made with the English translation for Megamix are better than the ones made by fans (Vegeta-Pull is a more clever name than Rhythm Tweezers). I just think it would be interesting to have a version of the ROM closer to the official translations.

(Apologies for not using quotes; apparently they count as spam on my account)

3. Domino054

Domino054 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2014
    United States
    Santa Cruz, California
    I managed to recreate the intro images for the Built to Scale game what do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by Domino054, Oct 28, 2017
    smgfan, WindowsTiger and RandomKid150 like this.
  4. Domino054

Domino054 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2014
    United States
    Santa Cruz, California
    I also did the sprite sheet too:

[​IMG]

smgfan, RandomKid150, W hat and 2 others like this.
  5. smgfan

smgfan Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2017
    United States
    What program you use to edit the sprites?

6. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I don't known them but generally I use paint(dot)net

7. smgfan

smgfan Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2017
    United States
    There is some unused night walk sprites
    The unused sprite is play yan crouching down

Attached Files:

W hat likes this.
  8. smgfan

smgfan Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2017
    United States
    You could replace the health and safety warning with this image

Attached Files:

9. W hat
    OP

W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

Feb 28, 2007
    United States
    I thought we had that in our internal version. :\ Yet I also thought everything we have has been publicly released.

10. MrCatFace

MrCatFace GBAtemp Fan

Jun 3, 2017
    Home (Is where the heart is, so my chest?)
    Hey! I recently picked up Rhythm Tengoku and was excited to try this patch out. I dumped my ROM and patched the game. I boot it in my emulator and get black. Any ideas?

11. W hat
    OP

W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

Feb 28, 2007
    United States
    There are two versions of the ROM, which we didn't know until late in development for the game. You can search the thread for more info and potential solutions. The one we use has these checksums/hashes:

crc32: 349d7025
    sha1: 67f8adacff79c15d028fffd90de3a77d9ad0602d
    sha256: 780ffc1d91cb2063c0b0568eeec02ad666532127de4ab6fa98b57c08b6ad3e78

Be sure you're using a good emulator. I believe I personally used vba-rerecording-v21 on Windows. The OP lists some emulators.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/rhythm-tengoku-translation-rhythm-heaven-silver.330147/

The list is a bit out of date. These days, you may have better luck with mGBA or whatever RetroArch has.

12. MrCatFace

MrCatFace GBAtemp Fan

Jun 3, 2017
    Home (Is where the heart is, so my chest?)
    Yup. I just have as different revision. That sucks. Anyway to recompile for other version?

13. CaptainStage

CaptainStage Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    United States
    Hey. I've been checking up on this thread every now and then and decided to sign up for these forums because I noticed that custom Quiz Show sign that was posted a while back. That's mine! I'm S3K_Stage! I'd be flattered if it was used in this project, though I'd rather you used the attatched version, which I tweaked slightly.

Anyway, I'd also love to do more custom sprite work for this project if you ever need it, though it seems like it's in no short supply of sprite artists. Good luck to WindowsTiger and his efforts to pick up where W hat's team left off.

Attached Files: