Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taken From Here

2rhr62q.jpg

11wcw3n.jpg

So the pics are tiny but it confirms that Wario Land Shake is a 2D platformer & RTG is played by holding the DS book style.

Can't wait for either, also appears that WLS isn't WiiWare as it costs the same as a regular budget Wii game. So glad that WLS is the way it is, seems like ages (Wario Land 4 in the year GBA launched!) since we last had a PROPER Wario Land game. It does look a lot like WL4 though.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I hope they're not thinking about releasing WLS on a DVD, I hope it's some sort of new WiiWare batch of bigger and more expensive games, I mean GH:OT has been confirmed to have DLC so there must be something in the works to use the SD slot in a more useful way.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lagman said:
I hope they're not thinking about releasing WLS on a DVD, I hope it's some sort of new WiiWare batch of bigger and more expensive games, I mean GH:OT has been confirmed to have DLC so there must be something in the works to use the SD slot in a more useful way.
Wouldn't take up much disk space would it? Destructoid says it will cost 5,800 yen ($50/£28) which I think actually full price for a Wii game so I really don't think it will be WiiWare, I hope its huge for that price.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Holly crap a new platform Wario Land game!!!

I loved the game boy ones, got so disappointed with the DS "Master of Disguise" one.. great news!

Hadrian said:
lagman said:
Wouldn't take up much disk space would it? Destructoid says it will cost 5,800 yen ($50/£28) which I think actually full price for a Wii game so I really don't think it will be WiiWare, I hope its huge for that price.

Indeed.. for Nintendo to be releasing a 2D platform game on the Wii.. it should at least have some big movies

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
CockroachMan said:
Holly crap a new platform Wario Land game!!!

I loved the game boy ones, got so disappointed with the DS "Master of Disguise" one.. great news!
Me too... Wario Land 3 FTW!
biggrin.gif
Master of Disguise was... was... uuuh... not Wario-Landish and a bit slow.

CockroachMan said:
Hadrian said:
QUOTE(lagman @ May 29 2008, 06:37 PM) I hope they're not thinking about releasing WLS on a DVD, I hope it's some sort of new WiiWare batch of bigger and more expensive games, I mean GH:OT has been confirmed to have DLC so there must be something in the works to use the SD slot in a more useful way.

Indeed.. for Nintendo to be releasing a 2D platform game on the Wii.. it should at least have some big movies
It's great seeing Nintendo release more 2D platform games on the Wii... 3D is a choice, not an evolution
wink.gif

I've seen too many series killed by a bad 3D episode
frown.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, cool. Just popped the first Rhythm Tengoku in my GBA flash cart. Still rather fun. Though that stylus use looks really crappy. I dont see how that has much to do with Rhythm.
Or rather how it would work all that well. It would feel rather off Id think.

Wario Shake just looks crud in my view. Reused graphics with another gimmick.
Wario was always about gimmicks and new features but somehow Id think they could evolve it a bit.
Still, its if its a solid platformer like the others, then why not?
I actually would rather see it on wiiware though. It would seem it would fit just fine.
Would be nice to see a full game on there though. The Wiiware content is feeling very limited in tiny pieces.
A full game with more than a couple levels would be kinda nice to see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/FJ-l3zDsUTg?si=FJ9FGgL8wc4346Sh