OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought aDS Lite today. (Yay!) with an 8GB Kingston MicroSD.
Installed the latest M3i-Zero firmware (Sakura) from here and everything. All my roms work. EXCEPT the one that made me wanna buy the DS in the first place: Rhythm Paradise.

It loads and then comes to a halt saying:
"Save Data File Format Error"

I Googled my bum off and found:
- reformat the card (didnt help)
- reinstall the firmware and stuff (didnt help)
- could be a bad dump (all versions I tried gave the same error)
- patch it with ARM7 (didnt work).

All my other roms work fine. No prob. So I dont think it's the MicroSD itself. Right?
Can somebody help me please?
Thanks so so so much in advance.
I'm a sucker for quirky rhythm games (Taiko is amazing!) and really would like the rom to boot and work.

Barbapapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay. Weird. A friend used Panasonic Formatter (just like I did) on his windows machine (I am doing it from inside a vurtual machine in my mac) and after reinstalling everything it now works.

I guess it's a mac thing. It may have screwed with the MicroSD card. Somehow.

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yup, I'm on a Mac as well and I got this problem pretty often too. Btw, you don't really need the Panasonic Formatter to solve this problem, you can always use Disk Utility from Utilities to format your mirco SD card.

However I found a way to avoid this error. Just create a .sav file for your desired game beforehand (e.g. by copying an existing .sav file and rename it, that's no problem at all), copy the .nds and .sav file to your micro SD card and start the game. This way the M3 Real doesn't have to create a .sav file by itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended