Gaming Rhythm Heaven Megamix not booting?

Forumpy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded at least 4 different versions of RHMM from various sites, some cryptofixed. These are US CIAs and I'm running them on an EU console. These did not load past the '3DS' screen where the red squares pulsate. After downloading from the eshop via freeshop, the game made it past the 3DS screen, but it just freezes on a black screen, forcing a hard reboot.

I don't know why it's not booting. This is the only game I've ever tried that's done this. I'm fairly sure it's not region related, since I've played US/JPN games before. Anyone else having this issue with this game?

Forumpy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should switch to Luma, it would make this (and many other things) easier.

Luma has built-in region emulation so you don't need anything like NTR for that.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

As in it has native region-support? So booting a game through the emunand would automatically shift its region or is it a manual setting?
How arduous is the process of switching from rxTools to Luma?
Sorry for the questions, haven't touched 3DS CFW since I installed rxTools months ago.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As in it has native region-support? So booting a game through the emunand would automatically shift its region or is it a manual setting?
How arduous is the process of switching from rxTools to Luma?
Sorry for the questions, haven't touched 3DS CFW since I installed rxTools months ago.
no you'll need to set it up, but it's just enabling it + a text file to use region/language emulation for one game.

switching should be pretty easy. what's your sysnand version?

Forumpy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you'll need to set it up, but it's just enabling it + a text file to use region/language emulation for one game.

switching should be pretty easy. what's your sysnand version?
Fair enough, thanks.
It's on 9.2. Was quite trepidatious about messing with it since I'm unsure if I'll be able to downgrade if something goes wrong.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough, thanks.
It's on 9.2. Was quite trepidatious about messing with it since I'm unsure if I'll be able to downgrade if something goes wrong.
are you using menuhax? are you using something like ctrbootmanager/bootctr, or just homebrew launcher to run rxTools?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Forumpy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v5.5/Luma3DSv5.5.7z

put "luma" and "Luma3DS.dat" at the root.

edit boot.cfg to replace "rxTools" with "Luma3DS" and "rxTools/sys/code.bin" with "Luma3DS.dat". offset is the same 0x12000.

for configuration, enable "Show current NAND in System Settings" then press start.
Is that all that's needed to change? Is the 'OTP' not needed or anything?
Regardless, thanks a lot for your help man. I'll report back with how it goes!

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that all that's needed to change? Is the 'OTP' not needed or anything?
Regardless, thanks a lot for your help man. I'll report back with how it goes!
no, that's if you go with arm9loaderhax.

also forgot, enable "Enable region/language emulation" (or something like that) too.

Forumpy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, that's if you go with arm9loaderhax.

also forgot, enable "Enable region/language emulation" (or something like that) too.
Everything seems to work. Booted up the emuNand through Luma, although RHMM still isn't booting. Is there a txt file I'll need to edit like you mentioned before, or have I missed something?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything seems to work. Booted up the emuNand through Luma, although RHMM still isn't booting. Is there a txt file I'll need to edit like you mentioned before, or have I missed something?
create a folder in "luma" called locales. inside it create a text file called "000400000018a400.txt". put in "USA EN" without quotes. save it then go try the game.

Reactions: Forumpy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: