Hacking Rhapsodii Shima v2.0 - PRP ed.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
rhapsodii_shima logo.png

This is a fork of the Rhapsodii theme by @Hakaisha. I took inspiratation by Hyperspin and Emulation Station interfaces.

NEW VERSION IS OUT!

DOWNLOAD RHAPSODII SHIMA 5.4

FEATURES:
-Sleek interface inspired by the popular Hyperspin and Emulation Station
-Complete set of backgrounds, for each emulated system
-Complete set of hi-quality sourceflow buttons and icons (including some alternates for PAL, NTSC and JAP console versions)
-Complete set of source menu icons (if you don't want to use Source Flow mode)
-Bottom bar with controls guide and nice transition animation
-Some new coverfows (including Homebrew channel flow) and some alternate ones to choose (PC Big box)

NOTES:
A few systems like the BBC micro or Supergrafx are not yet included in platform.ini, but they will be added in future WFL releases. They will not work at the moment but I already included icons and backgrounds for them. Please let me know if I forgot some systems.

Thanks: @Hakaisha, @fledge68, @Wiimpathy for your kindness and support

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@MrSW You're right, but that's not the only missing magic#. I just made those template ini files to give a general idea on how to set things up. In some cases and for test purposes I used the magic numbers and the plugin dols that I'm using, but they're not necessarily the ones to be used.
Edit: Use the ones from your previous source_menu.ini
Or open platform.ini in wiiflow/plugins_data/ to have a list of the accepted magic numbers.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is also another error in the video at 4:49, the SNES button shows the PAL console and the background the NTSC version.
You can choose which regional console to be showed instead of the ones I used, you can find them in wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii_Shima/ or in wiiflow/source_menu/small_covers/Rhapsodii Shima/.

Don't edit platform.ini to change the backgrounds, because that file it's part of Wiiflow and could cause incompatibilities with future releases
You can just rename the images according to the names used in the ini files.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is great! Thanks a lot. Your source tier pack will be of great help to use this feature.

I'm having issue displaying the background per platform though. Which wiiflow are you using?
I've tried with beta6 but they don't display. The platform.ini is the one you've uploaded here:https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/page-85#post-8721718
What am I missing?

Reactions: KiiWii

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is great! Thanks a lot. Your source tier pack will be of great help to use this feature.

I'm having issue displaying the background per platform though. Which wiiflow are you using?
I've tried with beta6 but they don't display. The platform.ini is the one you've uploaded here:https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/page-85#post-8721718
What am I missing?
That's very strange. None of them are working for you?
Try using this platform.ini
It's the latest version I have from Fledge68, there are a bunch of new entries, but the magic numbers for the main emulators are identical, so I can't figure out why no background is working for you.
My Wiiflow version says it is 5.3.0 beta 5, but I believe it could be beta 6.
Lastly check if your folder structure is correct.
Platforms backgrounds are going to wiiflow/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima/
Tiers backgrounds are going to wiiflow/source_menu/backgrounds/Rhapsodii Shima/

@psicotron3 Yes, you have to download the pack from Wiimpathy for game info. It's not included in the theme because it's big

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Problem solved. I have all wiiflow folder on usb. The backgrounds folder must be on sd. It doesn't seem there's a setting in wiiflow_lite.ini for this like dir_source=usb1:/wiiflow/source_menu etc.

It's awesome. But you're distracting me from my w.i.p buggy retroarch code.:)
So glad that you like it!
I really appreciate the great work you are doing with the RA cores. Just yesterday I tried your mame plus 2003 cores and they're awesome. Now I can play almost all my old times favourites with perfect speed thanks to you!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem solved. I have all wiiflow folder on usb. The backgrounds folder must be on sd. It doesn't seem there's a setting in wiiflow_lite.ini for this like dir_source=usb1:/wiiflow/source_menu etc.

It's awesome. But you're distracting me from my w.i.p buggy retroarch code.:)
glad you got it working. but if your wiiflow folder is on USB then your backgrounds folder should also be on USB.

if(TexHandle.fromImageFile(m_mainAltBg, fmt("%s/backgrounds/%s/%s.png", m_dataDir.c_str(), themeName.c_str(), fn.c_str())) != TE_OK)
{
if(TexHandle.fromImageFile(m_mainAltBg, fmt("%s/backgrounds/%s/%s.jpg", m_dataDir.c_str(), themeName.c_str(), fn.c_str())) != TE_OK)
{
if(TexHandle.fromImageFile(m_mainAltBg, fmt("%s/backgrounds/%s.png", m_dataDir.c_str(), fn.c_str())) != TE_OK)
{
if(TexHandle.fromImageFile(m_mainAltBg, fmt("%s/backgrounds/%s.jpg", m_dataDir.c_str(), fn.c_str())) != TE_OK)
{
_setBg(m_mainBg, m_mainBgLQ);
return;
}
}
}
}

m_dataDir is set a startup as either sd:/wiiflow or usb:/wiiflow

if(fn.length() > 0)
{
string themeName = m_cfg.getString("GENERAL", "theme", "default");
if(TexHandle.fromImageFile(sfbgimg, fmt("%s/backgrounds/%s/%s", m_sourceDir.c_str(), themeName.c_str(), fn.c_str())) != TE_OK)
{
if(TexHandle.fromImageFile(sfbgimg, fmt("%s/backgrounds/%s", m_sourceDir.c_str(), fn.c_str())) != TE_OK)
{
_setBg(m_mainBg, m_mainBgLQ);
return;
}
}
_setBg(sfbgimg, sfbgimg, true);
}

m_sourceDir = m_cfg.getString("GENERAL", "dir_Source", fmt("%s/source_menu", m_dataDir.c_str()));

now get back to work on retroarch. :)

Reactions: Hakaisha

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The problem is I have the boot.dol in sd:/apps/wiiflow and everything else on usb :
usb1:/wiiflow/boxcovers
In wiiflow_lite.ini we can force to look for folders in usb like dir_source=usb1:/wiiflow/source_menu...

Here, it's not possible to force the backgrounds like this for example: dir_backgrounds=usb1:/wiiflow/backgrounds
In my setup, it will always default to sd:/wiiflow/backgrounds

And yes, I'm searching some excuses to have a break...

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes it seems that themes do not like some mixed setups. I tested the theme both on usb and sd, but individually and there were no issues
However, I was told that it's better to have everything on sd (including emunands). I had corruption problems on my hd and they seem to have disappeaared since this change.
Backing up my 16Gb SD card it's easier than my entire 500Gb wii partition.
So, I have all wiiflow folders on SD and just the big games on USB (Wii/GC isos, cd emulator and other big plugin games)

Reactions: Hakaisha

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is I have the boot.dol in sd:/apps/wiiflow and everything else on usb :
usb1:/wiiflow/boxcovers
In wiiflow_lite.ini we can force to look for folders in usb like dir_source=usb1:/wiiflow/source_menu...

Here, it's not possible to force the backgrounds like this for example: dir_backgrounds=usb1:/wiiflow/backgrounds
In my setup, it will always default to sd:/wiiflow/backgrounds

And yes, I'm searching some excuses to have a break...
Ahhh! I see, so i removed data_on_usb setting but didn't realize that you could still set paths/dirs to usb manually. so in your case i just need to add a default dir to wiiflow lite ini so you can manually change it.

or re-add data_on_usb setting. I just figured most people just kept their wiiflow data folders on the same device as the apps folder.

Darbsy_8765

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Greetings, sorry about the question, just started modifying my wii and can't seem to find out how to display the custom backgrounds in your theme, maybe it's a dumb question but I'll appreciate your answer

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Greetings, sorry about the question, just started modifying my wii and can't seem to find out how to display the custom backgrounds in your theme, maybe it's a dumb question but I'll appreciate your answer
Hi, are you using the latest release of Wiilow Lite?
Backgrounds should automatically be displayed as long as you're using the proper magic numbers in your emulator plugins .ini (inside wiiflow/plugins/) and in your source_menu .inis (arcade.ini, consoles.ini, handhelds.ini, etc..)
Check the file platform.ini in wiiflow/plugins_data/. It lists all the supported magic numbers, so you can check if they are matching the ones you're using

Another thing, are you maybe using a mixed setup (wiiflow app on SD and covers on USB)?
This is a known issue (see this post). If that's your case try to have everything on the same storage device.

Darbsy_8765

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for responding!
I'm using wiiflow_lite ver 5.2.0, should I install the 5.3.0 beta?
All magic numbers from the emulators.inis match the ones on the source_menu.inis, and I have everything on SD, the only stuff that's on the USB are Wii & Gamecube games

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, you need the latest beta. Backgrounds are working differently than in 5.2.0, introducing the platform.ini.
Maybe I should update the 1st post with this information

Jcuralli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great theme! Exactly what I’ve been looking for!

Do you have blank backgrounds available to allow us to build our own? I’m organizing by company (Nintendo, Sega, NEC, etc.) rather than platform and I’m able to reverse engineer the source buttons to crest my own, but I can’t do the same for the individual system backgrounds. For instance, I’m taking advantage of the new Pokémon Mini core in retro arch; I can build a small_cover for it, but I can’t piece together a background because I don’t have a blank template to work from.

Thank you and great work!

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great theme! Exactly what I’ve been looking for!

Do you have blank backgrounds available to allow us to build our own? I’m organizing by company (Nintendo, Sega, NEC, etc.) rather than platform and I’m able to reverse engineer the source buttons to crest my own, but I can’t do the same for the individual system backgrounds. For instance, I’m taking advantage of the new Pokémon Mini core in retro arch; I can build a small_cover for it, but I can’t piece together a background because I don’t have a blank template to work from.

Thank you and great work!
Hi @Jcuralli and thanks!
Here is the background template:
Rhapsodii_Shima_BG_template

There are 2 levels inside (bold in the example below). Here is the level order to make your own custom BG (from top to bottom):
4 - platform_logo.png
3 - bg_template_1.png
2 - platform_image.png
1 - bg_template_0.png

Reactions: Jcuralli

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: