Hacking RGH Content backup help

Infinity147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Xbox 360 S RGH console with FSD3 that is running just fine but it’s not getting any younger. I’d like to get a later revision of the XBOX as a backup and do a fresh install and add Aurora.

Firstly I’d like to backup my profile and Game saves, and I understand that all this stuff is found in the ”content” folder. I also believe that the content folder also includes loads of other content. I specifically want to know what folders have the game saves and profiles in them, so I can just copy them over. I’ve got part of the answer from other sources but never quite enough info for me to do anything with certainty. There are a few things that I found while searching that I wanted to double check are correct and I was hoping you guys could help me.

1) The NXE dash has the function to backup the profile and saves among other things to other storage, but I read somewhere that if you have a RGH/JTAG console with FSD/Aurora it’s best to use xexmenu instead of the Microsoft dash to backup these things, as doing so may cause issues. Is this true?

2) I read that moving this content to another console should be seamless and I won’t need to do anything as the saves are tied to my profile and not my console. Is this true?

I’ve been out of the loop for ages so I’ve forgotten most things RGH, so if the answers are covered in some tutorials you can link I’d be very greatful for a shove in the right direction.

Thank you

D

Deleted User

You could use FTP, copy the files from the 360 to your computer, then copy them back. There's also under FSD an ethernet option where you share with your computer.

But I have a Jasper original model so I can't question every question. With the original model you can literarly just plug the hard drive in the new 360 and it works without doing anything.

Last edited by ,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Profile is in the content folder. I forgot the folder name, but I think it starts with an E. I don't remember saves, but I know they're much easier to deal with than the ps3. I'm thinking saves are in the 00000001 folders. You might able to tell for sure by opening the files with modo or le fluffier app. It's been too long for me too. That's what I remember.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's absolutely no need to change your 360.
Just replace the thermal paste and clean it.

If you really want to switch, you should be able to just pop out the drive and slide it into a new 360.
Note that if you did things with your KV or have NAND backups stored from the other console that you'll have to take them out first.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had forgotten that. I think I'm using the same profile from my xenon. I remember the godreborn name had been taken, so I had to choose another. I used an app (might've been modio) to change my profile name to godreborn. I don't remember what it was originally. however, I don't dare use the profile to log in. you can change the name or mess with the profile/saves even without an rgh/jtag, and microsoft is much more lenient, at least from what I've seen, than sony, unless you're obviously using a jtag or an rgh. cheated on my gamerscore once. they found out and reset me to 0. account and system weren't banned.

Infinity147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for all the kind words, I appreciate it!

Finally found the answer, hope this helps someone else

Go to:
-“Data Partition”
–“Content”
—Browse to your profile folder: “E0000************”
–Open up “FFFE07D1” folder
-Then open your “00010000”

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Are you going to bake yourself a cake?